support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston streaming dvd
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Amanda Ruiz leaves FOX 7 Austin


Amanda Ruiz left FOX 7 Austin KTBC in July 2024 where she was a reporter.

Here is a part of what Ruiz posted on social media:


"When I moved to Austin over four years ago, I had no idea that this would be a place that would capture my heart. 


From the people to the city and of course to the food, Austin became my home. 


I have loved every second reporting in Central Texas, but just like they say- all good things must come to an end. 


It is time for me to move on to my next chapter! 

I hope yall will continue to follow me through my journey. And know this- wherever I go, I will never stop saying yall."


Ruiz joined KTBC in January 2020 from KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock, where she worked as an investigative and general assignment reporter for two years.

The Penn State University grad interned with ABC27 WHTM Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Recently, we've seen departures from FOX 7 Austin, including Leslie Rangel and Carissa Lehmkuhl.  Katie Orth took over for Rangel. 

See more recent Austin media job moves.



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here