support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, June 14, 2024

Leslie Rangel leaves FOX 7 Austin


Leslie Rangel left her morning anchor position with FOX 7 Austin KTBC in June 2024.


"My work with Good Day Austin was my love letter to this community. Thank you familia for pushing me to be a better journalist. 

What’s next?? I’m taking a little break from TV, staying in Austin, enjoying my mornings and building out my emotional health coaching & consulting practice. If you or your company need someone to speak on mental wellness, I’m your woman!"



Rangel's work was recognized by the Texas Associated Press of Broadcasters when she was awarded best reporter in 2017.

The Good Day Austin anchor joined FOX 7 in June 2019 from up I-35 where she was an evening news anchor for FOX 44 KWKT Waco-Temple-Killeen.

In keeping with the Central Texas lifestyle, Rangel previously reported on crime for KXAN Austin, a Nexstar Media Group sister station of KWKT.

She also had a stop as a reporter/multimedia journalist for KFOR Oklahoma's News 4.

The University of Texas at Austin grad got her start in TV with KFDM 6 Beaumont.





 

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here