support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Sara Donchey saved by Brock Purdy?


Sara Donchey leads a life filled with adventure, and now, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy claims to have rescued the CBS News Bay Area KPIX anchor from a perilous situation!

"We're shooting this commercial on a hill on the outside of the city," Purdy said on The Pat McAfee Show. "I see this thing trotting by that has a big tail. I was like, 'That looks like a mini wolf.' No one else was gonna scream, so I screamed, 'Yo, there's a coyote!' That thing went running off. It could've been an ugly day on the shoot, but we saved her (referencing Donchey)."

Donchey featured the commercial shoot on a newscast in February (watch below). 

"I was walking my dog when this happened," Donchey said on-air. "I was watching from Bernal Heights Park when I suddenly heard Brock scream, 'Coyote!' I turned around and saw the biggest coyote I've ever seen sneaking up behind me and my dog. ... When I walked down the hill, one of the film crew guys said, 'Hey, Brock Purdy saved your life.' Not exactly, but it's a good story to tell next season."

This isn't the first time the news anchor was near danger.

She was working for KPRC 2 Houston while in Hawaii during an errant missile strike warning. Later, as an anchor for KCAL9 Los Angeles, Donchey was live on the air during a 7.1-magnitude earthquake.

Donchey left KPRC 2 in 2018, but still has love for H-Town.





CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here