support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Sara Donchey joins KCBS - KCAL Los Angeles

Former KPRC 2 anchor Sara Donchey joins KCBS 2 and KCAL 9 in LA


So it looks like Houston and Los Angeles TV just did a trade. Late in 2018, KHOU 11 picked up traffic anchor Stephanie Simmons from KCBS and now KCBS 2 - KCAL 9 has hired former KPRC 2 4pm anchor Sara Donchey.

CBS 2 & KCAL9 News Meteorologist Amber Lee tweets that Donchey will be anchoring the weekend shows for the CBS owned stations.

I can already tell the Californians are hitting my post about Donchey's Houston TV departure. Then my guess is they are checking Waze to see if The 405 is clear.

Donchey left KPRC last September. She posted on her Facebook page at the time:

"I just wanted to let my Facebook friends know that I will no longer be appearing on KPRC Channel 2. It is impossible to imagine a job that could’ve impacted my life and career as profoundly as this one has. I am not sure I have the words to express my gratitude for the opportunity...or the sadness I feel to say goodbye to you all this way. I will miss my amazing coworkers—now lifelong friends—every single day.

Wherever I land, I’ll be better off for having worked these years at KPRC. It was a true privilege to share your stories of resilience and hope, especially in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. Your strength has inspired me beyond measure. Thank you for your support, and I hope to see you back on the airwaves someday in the near future."

In 2015, Donchey came to channel 2 from KRIS Corpus Christi where she was a weekend anchor.

Before KRIS, she worked across the street as a KZTV Action 10 News reporter.

She graduated from San Francisco State University.



Here is a clip of Donchey anchoring in LA.



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here