support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, May 01, 2023

Brittany Ford joins Atlanta News First

Brittany Ford

Brittany Ford left her reporter role with KHOU 11 Houston and is joining Atlanta News First WANF. She made the announcement May 30, 2023 after leaving channel 11 and Houston earlier in the month.


RELATED
Cristina Kooker leaves Great Day Houston


The news was first announced in the Houston Association of Black Journalists (HABJ) newsletter where she is a member. Also featured in the HABJ May 2023 newsletter are departures by Houston television anchors/reporters such as Brandon Walker, Syan Rhodes, Jonathan Martin and Taisha Walker

After I posted the news here originally, Ford wrote the following on social:.


"This week will be my last at KHOU 11 News. I am forever grateful for this chapter that has allowed me to grow as a journalist.

 

KHOU is a team of incredibly talented people. Thank you to the Houston community that has embraced me like no other and trusted me to tell your stories! I have made so many meaningful and wonderful relationships here. 

I am a woman of faith and god has led my steps on a new journey.

 

I’ll be heading to Atlanta and plan to share details once I am settled in.

 

Thank you to everyone who has supported me along the way. This is a tough goodbye. I will forever have love for H-TOWN."


Ford joined KHOU 11 in May 2021 from CBS Austin KEYE where she was a multimedia journalist (MMJ).


She previously worked as a:

- freelance reporter-MMJ for NBC 7 San Diego

- reporter for WLUK 11 Green Bay, Wisconsin

- MMJ KVRR Fargo, North Dakota

- field producer/reporter "Prep Pigskin Report" KUSI San Diego


The San Diego State University grad was nominated for a Lone Star EMMY Award in 2020.  







*this post has been updated with Brittany Ford being hired by Atlanta News First.
CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here