support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Cristina Kooker leaves Great Day Houston


Cristina Kooker, who is the "Great Day Houston" reporter and fill-in host, has left the morning lifestyle show and KHOU 11 according to an announcement made on TV this morning.

RELATED
Brittany Ford leaving KHOU 11
Deborah Duncan celebrates 20 years at KHOU 11 Houston


While I did not personally see the show, a mikemcguff.com reader notified me about it.

Kooker joined KHOU 11 in 2005.

"I held titles such as floor director, teleprompter, assistant to the assistant, paper printer, lunch getter, gum holder, and the list goes on as long as I-10," Kooker told VoyageHouston in 2019.  "I was fortunate enough to start my TV career here in Houston when I was just 20 years old, now two decades later, I’m living the dream of doing television in the city I love most."

She would later move on to work for Great Day Houston as a reporter and producer.

"I have three children, but my first baby is named Great Day Houston," Kooker also told VoyageHouston.  "I was a part of the original crew for the show’s debut on March 6th, 2006. At the time, I wasn’t married and didn’t have any kiddos yet, so I poured my heart and soul into Houston’s only morning show (McNote: since then in 2021 "Houston Happens" launched). In the last 13 years, the show has become a loved, trusted staple of for the city." 

Before channel 11, Kooker worked as a reporter/fill-in host for local news magazine shows.

 While attending Abilene Christian University, Kooker was a host of nationally syndicated talk show "Teen Talk."




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here