WOAI 4 anchor Elsa Ramon had a on tape blooper but what she did at the end made it worse when it hit the live newscast.
- Local TV Reporter Hospitalized When Shot With BB Gun During Live Broadcast
- And Now, Here’s Fabio With Your Local Weather In Portland
WFAA says goodbye to reporter Gary Reaves
WFAA 8's coverage of reporter Gary Reaves' retirement.
- Reporter Gary Reaves looks back as he exits WFAA
Olga Campos departing KVUE
Olga Campos is leaving KVUE, Austin’s top-rated TV station, after 16 years on the anchor desk.
- KVUE 24's Olga Campos captured on film as Houston teen
Weather vet Albert Flores hired as WOAI meteorologist
It’s official: WOAI hired Albert Flores as morning meteorologist.
Thomas Miller, former Chronicle managing editor
Thomas C. Miller, veteran newsman, teacher and former managing editor of the Houston Chronicle, died at his home in Beaumont early Saturday of complications from a form of degenerative dementia. He was 66.
Former KHOU anchor Lucy Noland to anchor KNBC 6pm newscast
Fromer KHOU 11 anchor Lucy Noland arrives at KNBC as the new 6pm anchor...surprise!
- VIDEO: KHOU 11 anchor Lucy Noland says goodbye to Houston
- KHOU 11's Lucy Noland headed to KNBC 4 LA
UFO shoots across Texas sky live on breakfast TV
Sharp eyed viewers spotted the white light flash across the screen as local station KXAS showed a traffic camera looking across Fort Worth at 5:40am.
- What the … What Was That?
Getting the word out U.S. Rep. Giffords survived
The story of how Tilman Fertitta and KTRK 13's Tom Koch got the word out U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords survived the shooting as the story developed early on.
- Tilman Fertitta on reality TV?
D-FW's WFAA8 tightens its embrace of Rentrak as a ratings alternative to Nielsen
Rentrak looms large, however, on at least one D-FW television station's radar screen. ABC affiliate WFAA-TV, distrustful of the audience numbers it's receiving from longtime titan Nielsen Media Research, is making a concerted push behind Portland, Oregon-based Rentrak's new ways of measuring eyeballs.
KSOC/94.5 FM loses its 'Soul,' goes to 'School'
After more than nine years as "K-SOUL," Radio One's KSOC/94.5 FM in DFW flipped to "Old School 94.5." This was, of course, after the usual several days of teasing and stunting.
KPRC's Owen Conflenti on Colbert
Another day, another Houston anchor on the Colbert Report...this time it's KPRC 2's Owen Conflenti. (Thanks Krystal)
- Stephen Colbert Chastises Don Lemon For Not Calling Out ‘Vampire’
Wedding bells to ring for couple who met on Khou.com
When most people open up khou.com’s daily weather story, they find the forecast. But two khou.com users – Trip7 and Kasilofcat—found something a lot more valuable.
National Press Club recognizes KHOU 11 with award for Free Animal Reporting
Collection of stories by Reporter Brad Woodard exposes animal hardship, aims to make a change.
Cowboys Stadium Getting Two New Voices in 2011
Out as Cowboys Stadium public address announcer is Jody Dean, to be replaced by local award-winning sports reporter Roger Emrich. And for the first time in the franchise's 51-year history it will have an in-game MC, in the form of 27-year-old Armen Williams.
- Rangers record best TV rating of season
- TV networks get NCAA attention about high school games
Davlantes settles $69,000 tab for wedding reception
Steakhouse had filed suit against former Fox 26 KRIV anchor Anna Davlantes over bill for June party.
101X settles to end FCC payola investigation
The owner of Austin radio station 101.5 KROX-FM will pay $12,000 to put an end to a five-year investigation by the Federal Communications Commission.
Clear Channel/Houston Names Bo Brown Dir./Sales
CLEAR CHANNEL RADIO/HOUSTON has named BO BROWN Dir./Sales, effective immediately.
TAMI Flashback: The University of Texas Tower Shootings
The TAMI library includes several videos about Whitman's rampage. The Neal Spelce Collection, No. 1 - UT Tower Shooting, is a 25-minute broadcast that aired on KTBC on the day of the killings. The video is a startling record of the day's events and a fascinating study in early television journalism.
Dallas Morning News ends Quick
The Dallas Morning News announced Wednesday afternoon that it would stop publishing entertainment tabloid Quick on Aug. 4.
KFDM Anchor, General Manager Larry Beaulieu announces retirement
During a staff meeting in the KFDM Studios, long-time news anchor and general manager Larry Beaulieu announced his retirement for the end of September.
For the Texas Tribune, “events are journalism” — and money makers
When Evan Smith helped launch the nonprofit Texas Tribune in 2009, he set out to get people engaged in their government again, especially in places where newspaper coverage has dwindled.
Tarrant County considers tax abatement for KXAS/Channel 5 facility
Tarrant County commissioners were briefed on a tax abatement request for a new television production facility planned by KXAS/Channel 5 on Amon Carter Boulevard in northeast Fort Worth.
STERLING RIGGS joins WDRB in Louisville as Morning Anchor (from KTEN Sherman-Ada),
Sterling is represented by Steve Swienckowski of DCA (The David Crane Agency). http://www.davidcrane.com.
- ABC Will No Longer Pay Licensing Fees For Interviews
- 'Friends' Characters Sex Life Breakdown: Joey Comes In First, Chandler Last
- Anderson Cooper Unveils First Commercial Spot, Reveals More Details on Syndie Show
- Book Coming on the Making of ‘Network’
- Local News Station Apologizes For Misrepresenting Child As Future Criminal
- Fox News Anchor Megyn Kelly To Return To 'America Live' On Aug. 8
- Boston Herald reporter defends tweeting from funeral
- On Drudge, everybody knows your last name
- Plan to move cancelled ABC soaps to Web looks for union label
- No one owns a hashtag
- How Your Website Is Hurting Sales
- How the BBC lost 60k Twitter followers to its competitor
- Should journalists confirm information before passing it along on Twitter?
- What Netflix and Hulu Users are Watching… and How
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Fox 26 KRIV reporter Pattie Shieh exits station
- Planking taking over Houston TV?
- Michael Garfield "The High Tech Texan" shows talk show host skills
- How to Watch TV News: The best book on the TV news biz
- KHOU 11's Sherry Williams leaves 4:30am for 4pm; to anchor Saturday mornings too
- KTRK 13 meteorologist Casey Curry back on Good Morning America