support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, July 29, 2011

How to Watch TV News: The best book on the TV news biz

How to Watch TV News: Revised EditionI used to actually review all the books I read. I'm not sure how many out there really care about what I read, but I did get through one you might like if you are into TV news. How to Watch TV News: Revised Edition by Neil Postman and Steve Powers was a book that came out a while ago and was recently updated. If you are interested in a TV news career...read this book. If you are new to the TV business...read this book. If you are just a media geek...read this book. After working in TV news since 1995, I found this book to be the most accurate depiction of how and why the business runs the way it does. Also, watch this movie.

I'm Feeling Lucky: The Confessions of Google Employee Number 59Currently I am reading I'm Feeling Lucky: The Confessions of Google Employee Number 59 by Douglas Edwards. I will review this book when I finish. (In full disclosure, the publisher sent me a free copy to review on my blog).

Here are some other titles I read and recommend. Obviously a lot are rock music books, so keep in mind, you probably should be a fan of the band to read them. The Vince Neil book was the worst of the group, Sammy Hagar's was the best of the bunch. If you click on any of the titles, you will be taken to Amazon.com where you can buy them. As an affiliate member, I get a small percentage of the sale. Thanks in advance.

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock by Sammy Hagar

Eddie Trunk's Essential Hard Rock and Heavy Metal by Eddie Trunk

Tattoos & Tequila: To Hell and Back with One of Rock's Most Notorious Frontmen by Vince Neil

Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir by Dave Mustaine

The Rolling Stone Interviews

Still in the queue:

Life by Keith Richards CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here