Think this wedding proposal behind reporter live shot is real?
New Fox 7 reporter starts next week
Ann Wyatt Little is joining the Fox 7 news team, reporting primarily for “Good Day Austin,” which runs from 7 to 10 a.m. weekdays.
PBS' Nightly Business Report Opens Houston Bureau
PBS' Nightly Business Report announced an agreement with HoustonPBS and KUHF Houston Public Radio to open a new Houston bureau. The partnership marks Nightly Business Report's first bureau in Texas and allows the program to provide its viewers with firsthand coverage of the major business stories in Houston, the state of Texas, and beyond.
KVUE scaling back on live scene reports due to extreme heat
KVUE, Austin’s ABC affiliate, will temporarily reduce the number of live scene reports in its newscasts to protect the station’s reporters and photojournalists from record-breaking heat.
- Belo Looking To Bolster Its Station Portfolio
Changes at KGOW
1560 The Game KGOW talk show host Raheel Ramzanali says he will leave the station Aug. 12 to work on social media with the Houston company Collegedegrees.com.
Austin adds Spanish-language radio, TV stations
Racing to meet the demands of Austin's growing Latino community, area broadcasters are rolling out a variety of Spanish-language offerings.
- Houston's 55 KTBU goes Spanish to Mega TV
1960s film profiles Houston after dark
Expedition Houston! The Dark Hours, produced by KTRK (Channel 13), is a look at what goes on in the city once the office workers leave and the shops close for the day.
Austin weathercasters can take the heat
Though most people understand Austin's meteorologists can't control the weather, that doesn't stop complaints from some viewers. One man recently told Spencer he smiled too much during his nightly forecasts, and Kimmel took some heat from a viewer whose neighborhood saw a very brief, isolated shower that skipped most of the Austin area.
Do "traditional" media companies scare away potential employees?
Former Tribune Chief Innovation Officer and KIAH 39 NewsFix creator Lee Abrams says media companies don't know how to reach out to 'creatives' in job postings.
A look at the Houston sports radio stations
Houston Media Watch scans the dial and reports back.
With Revenue Up 3%, Post-Newsweek Stations a Bright Spot for Washington Post Co.
KPRC Houston and KSAT San Antonio are Post-Newsweek stations.
Billionaire Michael Dell OK'd To Buy SF TV
Michael Dell, founder of the online computer retailer that bears his name, has been cleared by the FCC to purchase KTLN San Francisco for $8 million.
KTVT promotions producer leaves
KTVT promotions producer Phil Kraft leaves for WJLA.
Former KTSM anchor hired at NMSU
Nick Miller, former managing editor and anchorman for El Paso's NBC affiliate KTSM-TV, has been hired to direct News 22, according to a news release.
KINT reporter lands PR gig
Channel 26-KINT reporter David Stout is leaving the airwaves to do public relations and constituent services work for State Sen. Jose Rodriguez, D-El Paso.
KVUE photojournalist commissioned to paint cow in CowParade
Doug Naugle, one of KVUE's photojournalists, was commissioned to paint one.
Former KTBS Shreveport photojournalist Michael Moore joins Austin's KVUE this week. (I worked with Moore at KXXV in Waco)
Napoli Management Group is proud to announce the following client placement for July 2011:
Miri Marshall is excited to be joining the morning team at KCEN as meteorologist. Miri most recently worked at KFOX in El Paso, where she was weekend anchor, meteorologist and reporter.
- TV in a Lone Star state of mind (thanks Kevin)
- Who's who in news/politics/entertainment at the National Association of Black Journalists convention
- ABC apologizes for Nicki Minaj's costume slip up
- Piers Morgan, Kathy Griffin, Anderson Cooper and the Awkward News Tease
- Copy of MTV's Standard Real World Cast-Member Contract
- Your DVR is an energy hog
- Al Jazeera English Arrives on N.Y. Cable
- When Reality-TV Fame Runs Dry
- Sirius XM to hike subscription fees in 2012
- Jerry Lewis Dropped From Labor Day Telethon
- Mobile DTV to be in 2/3 of households in 2012
- More Radio Website Horror Stories
- Meredith Vieira: ‘Today’ Gig Took Toll on Health, Personal Life
- Katie Couric Talks Talk Show on ‘The View’
- Ed Henry Opens Up On Move from CNN to Fox News
- Why Conservative Arianna Huffington Offends More Than Liberal Michele Bachmann
- Stations Need To Stream Their Signals Now
- AOL HuffPo Hires Christina Norman To Lead Video, Black Voices
- Disney Marketing: The Happiest Social Media Strategy on Earth
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- REVIEW: KHOU 11 News at 4 kicks off with strong start and different approach
- Fox 26 KRIV hires network correspondent Don Teague as main anchor
- Houston's 55 KTBU goes Spanish to Mega TV
- Fox 26 KRIV anchor Don Teague answers 3 questions with Mike McGuff
- Michael Garfield is having a good 10 years; plus TV plans?
- Chance McClain, formerly of 1560 The Game, scores with musical
- How TV stations can use Google+
- KIAH 39's Marci Izard and Mayra Moreno return to anchor
- HISD Press Secretary Norm Uhl's departure shocks Houston media
- Lana Hughes and J.P. Pritchard of 740 KTRH fame together again
- KTRK 13's Casey Curry on GMA, must be the weekend
- PIC: Houston Texans cheerleaders show up to KPRC 2 mornings