- Phoenix TV Reporter Rescues Motorist In Flash Flood
- TV Promo Spoofs ‘Blurred Lines’: ‘You Know You Watch It’
- Morning Anchors Give Twerking a Try
- Weatherman Gets ReMixed
- Here's a Supercut of People Saying "Twerk" on the News
- Best News Bloopers 2008
- Journalist Goes Topless During Interview With Mayor to Make a Point
- WFAA Graphics Reel 2013
- Sam Malone hits 6 months on the air
- Vintage AstroWorld TV Ads to Remind Us of Summers Past
- 'Linsanity' Teaser About Upcoming Film On Houston Rockets Player Released
- News 9 Celebrates Gary England's Long, Successful Career
WFAA's Devlin to Succeed Boylan Atop ABC Affiliates Board
Mike Devlin, president and general manager of Belo flagship WFAA Dallas, will succeed Dave Boylan as ABC affiliates board chairman upon his resignation from his general manager job at WPLG Miami Sept. 20.
D/FW: KESN’s Randy Galloway “No Rehab For That Crap”
Dallas sports radio legend Randy Galloway didn’t mince words for the second time this week when he suggested what he thinks the justice system should do to the teens accused of the just-for-fun killing of an Oklahoma college baseball player: “shoot ‘em between the eyes.”
DOJ Asks for More Information About Gannett's Purchase of Belo
The Department of Justice asked Gannett and Belo for more information about Gannett's $1.5 billion purchase of Belo.
Time Warner & CBS End Standoff
Reach Content Carriage Agreement; Programming To Return Monday PM
Verne Lundquist: 50 years of sports broadcasting, memories
For longtime viewers, it’s hard to believe that Lundquist, 73, has now spent more time on network television than he did on local TV as a mainstay on WFAA (Channel 8) in Dallas and as the longtime radio voice of the Dallas Cowboys before stints on ABC and CBS, most recently as the latter network’s voice of Southeastern Conference football.
Fall TX TV 2013
The new Fall TV 2013 schedule is quickly approaching us, so I will be posting some of the television station changes from across Texas on the blog.
Sibila Vargas Joins WNBC From KCBS
Former Fox 26 KRIV anchor Sibila Vargas is joining WNBC, the NBC owned station in New York, as co-anchor of the noon and 6 p.m. newscasts.
A very pregnant local TV news star leads a Labor Day fashion show that draws a big crowd
With KTRK Channel 13 news reporter Miya Shay about to deliver a son in a few short weeks, who better to serve as emcee of the 10th annual Woman's Hospital of Texas Labor Day Luncheon and Fashion Show?
Style Setter: Rachel McNeill
KPRC Local 2 anchor Rachel McNeill in a Nicole Miller vintage dress and Christian Louboutin platforms.
Houston: Buyers target Hispanic TV
Hispanics make up nearly a third of the TV market.
Dear Chron: How Not to Write a Mean-Spirited Article
This Houston Chronicle slideshow from back in January was passed around quite a bit yesterday across Houston social media -- funny how that delayed reaction happens sometimes, isn't it?
Appreciation of BOOTED NEWS WOMEN Blog
Houston Radio DJ Erica Rico Fell Asleep In Boots
KPRC met becomes author
Look for updates on KPRC weatherman Anthony Yanez' picture book about the water cycle. (Thanks to PR Fairy @farbulous)
KTRK's watchdog is a foodie
HCN reports that KTRK 13 Undercover's Brian Collister hits lunch at Vietopia behind channel 13.
Doug Pike of Sports Talk 790 back for more episodes of Sitcom FORE!
The executive producer of the golf sitcom FORE!, Scott Pitney announced the debut of new episodes 5 and 6.
Former Texans to compete on 'The Amazing Race'
Houston Texans fans will have an extra reason to watch the upcoming season of "The Amazing Race" on CBS/KHOU 11.
S.A. anchorwoman expecting fourth child
Yes, KENS-TV viewers, your eyes aren't deceiving you. Anchorwoman Sarah Lucero is expecting her fourth child.
- An expectant Lucero: Fourth child is a boy
KXAN to produce 7 a.m. newscast for sister station KNVA
Members of the morning team at KXAN will see their workload double soon.
Time Warner picks up Longhorn Network
Time Warner Cable Launches Longhorn Network University of Texas fans will receive Longhorn Network today in time for college football season opener
KWBU bids goodbye to “Car Talk”
Waco fans of popular public radio show “Car Talk” will see it disappear from the schedule of Waco public radio station KWBU-FM (103.3; www.kwbu.org).
Radio manager rejects Texas governor’s ads
Perry’s pitch won’t be heard on “Big 550” KTRS, St. Louis. General manager Mark Dorsey has yanked the spots off the air.
KTRK 13 Undercover investigative producer Kevin Hirten tweets he is heading to San Francisco to join Al Jazeera America's investigative unit. He joins former 13 Undercover photographer Colin McIntyre who left for the same place in June.
I got confused the other day on Twitter when I saw the Houston Chronicle energy reporter Jeannie Kever tweeting out stuff from the University of Houston. Well, her Twitter bio says she now works for UH marketing covering the same topic. According to her Chron bio, she had worked at the paper since 1997. First in the features department for 10 years then at the city desk, where she reported on higher education, the 2010 Census and health care before moving to the business desk.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Former KTRK photographer Marshall Jard's legacy
- Can you imagine Houston TV after Dave Ward?
- Jay Michaels named 102.1 KDGE program director
- KTRK abc13 had job cuts
- Ruben Galvan joins KPRC 2 from XETV San Diego 6
- KTVT CBS 11 and KTXA 21 get new Dallas CBS Tower
- CSN to air more than 50 college football games
- 97.9 The Box's Madd Hatta becomes a cartoon
- Paulina Sodi joins Telemundo Houston KTMD from TV Azteca
- Stream KTRK abc13 on app with 'Watch ABC'
- KTRK abc13 debuts new 6:30pm newscast w/ Erik Barajas & Ilona Carson
- Jace Larson joins KPRC 2 investigative team from KUSA 9News Denver
- Howard Dorsey named Fox 26 KRIV assistant news director
- KPRC crawl suffers from bad timing
- KUBE 57 high school football live coverage schedule fall 2013
- Scarlett Greyson joins FOX7 KTBC from KAMC Lubbock
- Galveston Community Radio wants to bring back 101.5 KSTB and local radio