Foul-mouthed longshoreman's TV tirade leads to his arrest
- Ron Jaworski Gaffe: ESPN Announcer Says S-word On Monday Night Football
- News anchor mocks Kardashians (Thanks Murdock)
- Anderson Cooper Goes Spray Tanning with Snooki (Video)
- Star Trek vs. Star Wars according to Captain Kirk
Top 10 things you can do to improve your chances of getting a job that have absolutely nothing to do with your resume tape or the ability to read this run-on sentence without taking a breath
Here are some intangibles that can give you an edge.
100.3 KILT host Greg Thunder was married to Eleanor Mondale
Reports say Eleanor Mondale, the daughter of former Vice President Walter Mondale, who died Saturday, had formerly been married to current 100.3 KILT morning man Greg Thunder.
Krystle Gutierrez remains with Fox4, but without a contract and with the freedom to move elsewhere
Fox4 KDFW reporter and substitute anchor Krystle Gutierrez remains with the station for now, but is no longer under contract.
Former KXAS Reporter Grant Stinchfield’s Campaign Covered by Rival Station KDFW
After weeks of speculation about his campaign, former KXAS reporter Grant Stinchfield officially announced his candidacy for the U.S. House of Representatives in the Texas 24th district.
Mary Benton gets major promotion
KPRC 2 reporter Mary Benton gets promotion within the NABJ.
Four Points Media sells KEYE, 6 other TV stations for $200 million
Four Points Media Group is selling its seven TV stations, including Austin's KEYE, to Maryland-based Sinclair Broadcast Group for $200 million. KEYE is Austin's CBS affiliate, in addition to delivering Telemundo programming on a digital subchannel.
Houston sports talker ratings
SportsRadio 610 KILT and SportsTalk 790 KBME see jumps.
- PPM Analysis: Dallas and Houston
- KASE, KVET nominated for country station of the year
Why does 97.9 play the same 5 songs during the day?
Houston Media Watch asks the question.
A Conversation With Jena Moreno, Journalist and Filmmaker
Recognizing the power of a few simple squares to bring people together, Jena Moreno, by day an award-winning international business reporter for the Houston Chronicle, set out to make Stitched, her first documentary.
Houston Texan starts his own online sports TV network: Sick of stale commentary
Houston Texans offensive lineman Eric Winston launches new online sports TV network dubbed THEBUS (pronounced Thee-bis). The network's first offering — Not Your Ordinary Sports Show — streaming during every Monday Night Football game.
New monthly newspaper debuts in The Woodlands
Community Impact Newspaper began servicing The Woodlands with its monthly newspaper.
Channel 8’s Nightly Business Report comes to UH
Nightly Business Report will soon have a Houston bureau located at UH’s PBS station. Houston PBS KUHT 8will be partnering with Houston Public Radio 88.7 KUHF in order to provide content to Nightly Business Report by using their established knowledge of the Houston business community.
Texas Exes Hammer LHN in Social Media
The Longhorn Network (LHN) is not a worry now. Football games have gone to “normal” channels, but the Longhorn nation is still fuming. Viewers can’t see the custom pregame shows offered by LHN.
Texas Watchdog's Jennifer Peebles elected president of the Society of Professional Journalists' Houston chapter
Texas Watchdog is proud of deputy editor Jennifer Peebles, who is the new president of the Houston Professional Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.
UH models online radio after KTRU
Though UH has two large scale radio stations, COOG Radio will be the university's first and only student run station.
Sundance Film Festival heads to Houston
The Sundance Film Festival will take a leave from the snowy mountaintops of Park City, Utah, to head down to Houston for one night only.
KVIA's Valle and family welcome baby boy
KVIA morning reporter and noontime anchor Stephanie Valle gave birth to a baby boy last week.
Morning News lays off employees as ad decline continues
The Dallas Morning News laid off a reported 38 employees last week as A.H. Belo Corp. contends with a continued decline in advertising revenues.
AND NOW THE WEATHER
Former KTRK 13 meteorologist Heidi Jones pleads guilty to falsely reporting rape
Jones, 38, pleaded guilty Wednesday to two misdemeanor counts of falsely reporting an incident. The judge says she will be sentenced to three years' probation and 350 hours of community service -- the same amount of time prosecutors say police spent looking into her false claims, reports CBS station WCBS.
- Heidi Jones: When TV Weathermen (and Women) Behave Badly
Former KPRC 2 morning meteorologist Chuck George Taking Leave of Absence After On-Air Rambling, Strange Tweets
Tucson CBS affiliate KOLD announced last night that chief meteorologist Chuck George (formerly of KPRC 2) is taking a leave of absence following an incident of on-air rambling and a string of strange Tweets.
Brett Cummins Resigns From KARK Following Bathtub Death of Friend
Brett Cummins, who was found asleep next to the body of a dead man wearing a dog collar has resigned as meteorologist at Little Rock’s KARK.
- What is it With TV Weathermen?
KIAH 39 staffers jumping to KTRK, KHOU, KRIV
I found out over the last few weeks that some KIAH 39 staffers have made the jump to other Houston television stations.
KXXV 25 Waco production director Jeff Holder leaves for Farmers Insurance after 17 years, 3 months and 9 days with the Central Texas station.
KTRK 13 lighting director Bruce Aleksander has left the station and is working with a group that updates news sets at television station across the country. You can contact him at tvlightingguy [@] hotmail.com.
- GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS Too Short for Morning TV?
- Anderson Cooper’s Daytime Debut. You Can Exhale, Maury Povich
- Disney Channels Head Carolina Lightcap Resigns Unexpectedly
- Arbitron's new Fall 2011 market rankings are out, with a few big jumps
- Changes in the late talk world
- Celebrities, Politicians and Friends Congratulate Hannity on 10 Years in Syndication
- A 9/11 tribute or an 'Bob Iger for Mayor' ad?
- Heloise continues tradition of helpful hints for 50 years
- Do Women Do Journalism Differently?
- Jon Stewart: Fox News, The Daily Show Aren’t So Different
- Citadel is officially a subsidiary of Cumulus, in a $2.4 billion deal
- Top 20 Android Apps in the US
- CBS News Disowns Website Over One Measly ‘Steve Jobs Is Dead’ Tweet
- Radio Talent Share Social Media Tips
- 5 ways news sites are using ‘Most Popular’ features
- News Trends Tilt Toward Niche Sites
- TechCrunch editor Arrington out at AOL
- YouTube becomes entertainment destination
- Clear Channel releases Beta version of the more powerful iHeartRadio
- What the Front Pages of the Web Looked Like on 9/11/2001
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- KHOU 11 hires KABC's Lisa Hernandez as main anchor
- VIDEO: Anderson Coopers shows he's human; Dr Phil back in Houston
- Group buying site SweetJack launches in Houston and Dallas with radio support
- KHOU 11 welcomes KABC anchor Lisa Hernandez
- Is 97.1 The Eagle KEGL full of bull?
- KPRC 2 reporter Mariza Reyes exits
- KHOU 11 taps Todd Duplantis for traffic duties
- Former KHOU 11 anchor Lucy Noland gets new KNBC newscast
- KPRC 2 re-brands controversial Twitter account
- Michael Garfield aka "The High Tech Texan" vs James Franco on General Hospital details
- KPRC 2's baby brigade in video/photos
- KTRK 13 uses Dave Crockett as voice
- KUHT 8 to air two Houston-area documentaries Stitched, The Film and For the Sake of the Song: The Story of Anderson Fair
- Are Houston Dallas Cowboys fans mad at Fox 26 KRIV?