Great spot featuring WFAA 8 anchor Ron Corning with Dale Hansen. Watch the end, Corning is chased by the cops!
WFAA 8 anchor-reporter Debbie Denmon charges the station with discrimination based on her weight
Uncle Barky reports that WFAA 8 anchor-reporter Debbie Denmon has filed a discrimination suit against the Dallas-based station.
KTRK Story Discredits Rick Perry’s Debate Anecdote
Under pressure from GOP rivals at Thursday night’s debate over his support of an HPV vaccine, Texas Governor Rick Perry spoke of his relationship with a woman suffering from cervical cancer–a relationship that was brought to light by Houston’s KTRK.
Fox 26 anchor Melinda Spaulding to be MIA
Fox 26 KRIV anchor Melinda Spaulding is leaving for maternity leave. Congrats.
KVUE picks new co-anchor for morning newscasts
KVUE 24 Weekend sports anchor Bryan Mays has slid into the spot vacated earlier this year by Olga Campos, co-anchoring the station’s “Daybreak” and “Midday” newscasts alongside Melissa Gale.
HISD hires another ex-Chronicle staffer in communications for $85k-plus
Helen Olin, who managed the copy desk at the Houston Chronicle from 2003-2010, is Houston ISD’s new senior manager of communications at a salary of $85,926. (via blogHOUSTON)
The Eagle changes its schedule
FMQB shows us the revised on-air line-up at 97.1 The Eagle KEGL in Dallas - Mornings: Cindy Scull, middays: Chris Ryan, afternoons: Russ Martin, nights: Nikki Sixx, late nights: Angela Chase.
- Is 97.1 The Eagle KEGL full of bull?
More changes coming to 790 KBME?
Houston Media Watch thinks 1560 The Game's John Granato should follow Lance Zierlein to SportsTalk 790 KBME after rumors surface.
- Houston sports talker swag meter
- David Nuno interviews Brad Pitt and Billy Beane for Money Ball
KSAT and WOAI bits
How fresh is KSAT's hour long news and why were WOAI's Randy Beamer and Elsa Ramon on Sunday night?
Everything old is new again
Most of you probably think that updating a story for the web is something new, something that has revolutionized the news business. In reality, multiple story updates through the day is something journalists have been doing for decades.
- The secret of morning TV news people
Astros anniversary keeps broadcaster Brown busy
Bill Brown is wrapping up his 25th season with the Astros with a look to the past and a plaque at the Minute Maid Park press box.
No pants, no service: Paula Deen & hubby turned away from Houston steakhouse
Paula Deen was in Houston recently for the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show, but she didn't get to re-visit the restaurant on her Houston to-do list.
‘Austin City Limits’ offers first look at this season’s broadcast schedule
The legendary PBS show, which is celebrating its 37th season with a move to posh new studios at the foot of the W Austin Hotel and Residences on West Second Street, has released a portion of its lineup.
'Thunder Soul' follows rise of Kashmere rhythm and blues high school band with Jamie Foxx at helm
Jamie Foxx talks "Thunder Soul," a documentary about one of the all-time great high school musical ensembles, the Kashmere High School Stage Band of Houston in the mid-1970s.
'Project Runway' co-host looking for lucky models in San Antonio
"Project Runway" co-host Tim Gunn is coming to San Antonio to dazzle the runway at La Cantera.
From rabbit ears to LCDs: Austin's first TV repairman has seen it all
Bob Bond, who owns Bond's Television & Electronics in Austin, has been working on TVs for so long that when he started, they came in just two colors - black and white.
Hema Mullur moves to KDVR in Denver as weekend anchor from KFOX in El Paso where she was the evening anchor. Mullur is represented by Napoli Management Group.
Better late than never...producer Kevin Hirten joins Wayne Dolcefino in the KTRK 13 Undercover office. Former investigative producer Steve Bivens left last year. According to Linkedin, Hirten previously worked for WAVY. My apologies to Mr. Hirten for just now getting this news up.
TVSpy reports WPDE anchor and reporter Mola Lenghi moves from Myrtle Beach to Dallas as he accepts a reporting job at KXAS.
- Pew: 77% Think News Orgs Are Biased
- Jay Carney schools White House reporters
- Lester Holt new host of 'Dateline NBC'
- Another Walter Cronkite at CBS
- Sirius XM vs. HD Radio: The Battle For the Dashboard
- A Big Twist in a Career, but Not Quite a 360
- Bill O’Reilly’s Civil War
- For First Time in 9 Years, All Three Evening Newscasts Grow Viewership
- As 'All My Children' ends, TV soap opera fans mourn
- What your Facebook profile timeline will look like soon
- How social should a newscast be?
- Pew: One-third surveyed prefer texting to talking
- Online Ad Spend to Overtake TV by 2016
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Jay Michaels named Mix 102.9 KDMX program director
- Houston radio host profiled in national magazine
- KPRC 2 owner says station needs to improve
- mikemcguff.com wins CBS Houston's Most Valuable Blogger contest
- Media circus around Dr. Michael Brown trial
- KENS 5 taking Mayra Moreno from KIAH 39
- Houston Chronicle's MeMo Kyrie O'Connor named interim editor of the San Antonio Express-News
- KIAH 39 debuts new shows for fall season
- KHOU 11's Doug Miller back as TV reporter
- The KUBE 57 fall 2011 TV program schedule
- Fox 26 KRIV weekend anchor job open
- VIDEO: Houston media get lesson from Rice University