KRIV Houston - 25 Years of FOX 26 KRIV News (2008) - See the first anchor team and other familiar faces no longer there.
Univision newscasts top Houston market
More Houstonians watched Spanish-language Univision’s two evening news programs on Channel 45 than any other newscast, according to the latest rankings from the Nielsen Station Index.
Scott Sams lands anew -- at Dallas-based KRLD radio
Former CBS11 early morning co-anchor Scott Sams will be keeping roughly the same hours with his new job at Dallas-based KRLD-AM (1080) radio.
- May TV Sweeps Scoreboard: Dallas-Fort Worth
In May's ratings period, KVUE remains No. 1 choice in area for TV news
ABC affiliate KVUE continues to be Austin's No. 1 choice for news among the city's English-language stations, winning every head-to-head weekday competition during the May sweeps period.
OK, sweeps are over, so everyone can stop trying
The day after sweeps hits and we see the downward curve. No more special stories, no more two-part series, no more monsters on your dish scrubbie to send you into a dirt nap.
Top 10 On-Air Gaffes: A List Inspired by Pattie Shieh
As an ode to the "spit" blast uttered by Pattie Shieh of Fox 26 KRIV, Hair Balls looks back at the top 10 on-air fuc_, uh, mess-ups of all-time.
- Fox 26 KRIV reporter cusses on air during 9pm news
Tony Romo, Candice Crawford Wed in Dallas
Tony Romo scored the ultimate touchdown as the the Dallas Cowboys quarterback married former KDAF 33 sports reporter Candice Crawford on Saturday evening at Arlington Hall in Dallas.
Radio host lightens up on diagnosis
950 KPRC Houston and WOAI 1200 San Antonio radio talk show host Joe Pagliarulo is taking a humorous approach to discussing his treatment for testicular cancer.
Fox 7 anchor attends Dallas ‘X Factor’ auditions
The X Factor hit Dallas last week, where more than 10,000 hopefuls lined up to audition. Also there: Keri Bellacosa, one of the anchors for “Good Day Austin” on Fox 7 KTBC.
Dueling 4 p.m. newscasts
KENS 5’s more established “First at 4” with Deborah Knapp fights its first duel with KSAT 12’s “First News at 4” with Ursula Pari and Steve Spriester in San Antonio TV.
CLICK - RADIO 101
Houston Media Watch offers a glimpse of how sports talk stations keep/alienate listeners.
Fox 26 reporter returns from baby leave
Fox 26 KRIV reporter Sally MacDonald returns back to the small screen after some time off. MacDonald just had her first first baby.
- Fox 26 KRIV reporter Sally MacDonald's new duty
The Insite on Tosh.O
Isiah Carey AKA The Insite will be on Tosh.O June 7th at 9:00pm on Comedy Central.
More departures in El Paso TV
KFOX reporter/meteorologist Miri Marshall has left the station.
Austin TV's The Carolyn Jackson Collection
Anyone who lived in Austin in the late 1960s and 1970s likely remembers Carolyn Jackson. As the host of a popular local daytime television show for more than a decade, Jackson was a familiar Austin face who played an important role in shaping local television during the era.
Channel 5 leaving Broadcast Hill in east Fort Worth after 63 years
Television station KXAS/Channel 5 will likely be moving from east Fort Worth after 63 years.
KXAN seeks larger studio, office space in Austin
Austin NBC affiliate KXAN Television may sell its property just north of downtown and move to another central location.
Employers and employees can long be linked
Just ask Radio One of Texas. The company, which owns KBXX-FM (97.9) The Box, found itself defending against the allegation that it retaliated against its former sales manager by refusing to sell her advertising time after she launched her own advertising agency.
- Online News Competition A Big Deal In Big D
- Please fix the TV websites
- David Pogue's New Girlfriend May Be A Conflict Of Interest
- 5 small steps journalists can take to build a bigger, more engaged audience
- Tribune Names Nils Larsen Broadcasting CEO
- The day Oprah went too far — and the critic who called her out for it
- Hypnotized by Nancy Grace
- Disney withdraws Navy SEAL trademark application
- Erin Burnett heading to 7pm est slot at CNN
- CNBC Anchor Mark Haines Dies Unexpectedly at Age 65
- Despite Lack Of Regs, TV Turns Down Volume
- ABC's Live Well Signs Up 9 Scripps Stations
- Mike Bettes, Weather Channel Journalist, Gains Attention
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Former Houston and DFW TV reporter now at CBS New York
- KVUE 24's Olga Campos captured on film as Houston teen
- Bob Boudreaux and Dr. Red Duke together for award
- Houston Dining 2011 - A Guide for Visitors (and Most Locals)
- Fox 26 KRIV getting high profile candidates for former Barajas anchor gig
- KSAT 12 grabs producer from KTRK 13
- Houston Television Memories
- KTRK 13's 10pm news hijacked by technical problems