Isabella Martinez has announced that she has joined NBC 6 South Florida WTVJ in Miami as a freelance reporter.
Here is what Martinez posted on socials:
"I’m homeeee! All I can say is WOW. Thank you, God. You truly work in mysterious ways. What I thought was going to be a quick trip home before I had to pack my bags and move again ended up getting extended a little longer… I’m so excited to announce I’m joining the @nbc6 team! Feels real good to say that. So grateful for the opportunity to serve my community while doing what I love most."
Earlier this summer, in June 2026, Martinez left KVIA ABC-7 in El Paso after joining the station in July 2023. During her time in El Paso, she worked as the Good Morning El Paso reporter, anchored the noon newscast, and most recently hosted the station's "7 in the City" feature series.
Martinez is not the only KVIA journalist to leave for the east and work for an NBC-owned and operated station. Mauricio Casillas left KVIA for NBC4 Washington WRC a few years ago and has since returned to the El Paso TV station.
Now, that next chapter has taken her to NBC 6.
Martinez was born and raised in Miami. Her Hispanic heritage comes from her parents, with a Bolivian mother and Colombian father.
She earned a Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Journalism, with a minor in Sociology, from Suffolk University in Boston.
While at Suffolk, Martinez worked as a student reporter for the university's NECN segment, "Suffolk in the City." She also created and produced her own show, "Suffolk Fusion," which highlighted international students' experiences on campus.
