support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio Screenings
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming on Tubi!

Friday, October 18, 2024

Jane Lonsdale leaves FOX 7 Austin


Jane Lonsdale announces she is leaving her FOX 7 Austin KTBC morning traffic anchor/reporter position as of today.

Here is a portion of what Lonsdale posted on social media:


"After 7 amazing years, my time with FOX 7 Austin is coming to an end next week. This was not an easy decision, as the team I work with every single day is simply incredible at their craft. I have talked often on this platform about continued growth, and sometimes that requires closing one chapter in order to begin another. My years at FOX 7 have been some of the most rewarding and transformative of my news career. What a privilege it has been to share the stories of my community, while getting to know so many of you along the way.


{snip}


As for what’s next, I’m still in the process of figuring that out—but I sure am excited! Though my last day is next Friday October 18th, I still plan on being active on this page, so please do stick around! Updates, good news, motivational posts, pups—that will all continue!  For now, I’m still hanging in Austin. Please say hello if you see me around!"


Lonsdale joined FOX 7 Austin in 2017 as a feature/lifestyle reporter and was promoted to traffic anchor in 2018.

She came to Austin from KCEN 6 Waco-Temple-Killeen as a morning anchor.  

Before Texas, Lonsdale started her professional TV with NBC Lima WLIO as a reporter/morning anchor.

The Ohio University grad worked as a reporter/anchor/producer for the school's WOUB Public Media while in school. 

Another recent "Good Day Austin" departure was Leslie Rangel, who left in June.  Katie Orth came in from Denver in July to take over Rangel's anchor chair.

- More Austin media moves







CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here