support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston streaming dvd
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Britt Moreno leaves KXAN Austin

Britt Moreno


Hello from San Marcos where last night I screened my documentary "Runaway Radio" at First Tuesday.  By the way, you can watch the KLOL doc on streaming or DVD

UPDATE
Jennifer Sanders promoted to KXAN evening anchor 


This week, I will be focusing less on Houston, since many there have no power or internet signal to read my blog anyway.  When I return today, I probably won't have power yet either.

Therefore, I am scheduling content for you during the rest of the week, since I might not be able to post anything once back home. The storm even took down internet and cable TV for parts of Texas away from Houston!

The big news this week is in Austin where KXAN evening anchor Brit Moreno signed off Monday, July 8, 2024.


ALSO LEAVING THIS WEEK
Carissa Lehmkuhl leaves FOX 7 Austin
Tyler Feldman leaves KVUE Austin


Here is what Moreno posted on social media:


"Our sweet girl is joining our family in September, and now I find myself at a professional/personal juncture. 


Dreams are malleable, and as I’ve learned in the almost two decades of doing live TV, “the dream” evolves when you start a family and when that family grows. 


It was my dream to report in my hometown here in Austin and candidly, I have been agonizing over how to do that and be a parent. 


For now, I am stepping back from full time anchoring to be the mom I’ve always wanted to be to our three children. I am so excited to see my family more, but I am sad to leave the news desk."



"You know those people you just click with the first time you meet? That was my experience when I met my co-anchor Britt Moreno, and it's been nothing but a privilege delivering the news alongside her these last few years," added co-anchor Daniel Marin.

In May, Moreno announced she is pregnant with her third child, a baby girl.

She gave birth to Bexley in January 2023, returning to KXAN in April. 

Moreno took a leave of absence, which she later revealed was due to postpartum issues.

Moreno joined KXAN in 2021 from CBS 4 Denver KCNC.

Before moving to Denver, the six-time EMMY nominee and multiple winner, was a weekend anchor and night-side reporter for FOX10 KSAZ Phoenix, Arizona.

An Austin native, she graduated with honors from St. Stephen's High School and double majored in communications and Spanish at Trinity University in San Antonio.






CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here