support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston streaming dvd
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, March 31, 2023

What's the correct way to pronounce Whataburger?


As a native Texan, naturally my first hamburger was a Whataburger.  It was at the location on Bissonnet near Hillcroft which isn't even there anymore.

I swear my mom and grandma were there when the USFL Houston Gamblers showed up lunch because they practiced nearby at Bayland Park!

Only as I got older and could read, did I realize that it was not Water-burger but What-a-burger.  

KENS 5 San Antonio reporter Hannah Tiede even reported on this (video above)!

But now I feel like by younger me is justified! Just add in a Dr Pepper and it doesn't get anymore more Texas! 





 

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here