support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, January 27, 2020

Samica Knight to return to abc13 KTRK this week

abc13 KTRK morning anchor Samica Knight says she is returning to the news desk this week


Samica Knight will be returning to anchor the abc13 KTRK morning newscast alongside Tom Koch later this week. She posted the news this morning accompanied by a video of her son.

"Good morning Fam, Lee wanted you to know that “mommy was sick but she’s much better”. Boy I tell you, I’m truly grateful for God’s healing power. I am feeling much, much better. I want to personally thank allllllllllllll of my wonderful Facebook family members for reaching out to me. (I’ll cry if I think about the wonderful messages I’ve received). I was not able to respond at the time. I hope you understand Fam. I appreciate all of your love and support and you know I 💗 you back:) I will be back to work later this week. I’ll keep you posted. Promise. 💗 OH BTW, I’m *NOT* PREGNANT. Can you believe someone actually put their hand on my stomach to try and confirm that? Like, really? 🤦🏽‍♀️ #icant See y’all later," Knight posted on Facebook.

Loyal Knight fans were worried about Knight's absence which began in early January. They have been contacting me and taking to social media to announce their concern.

In 2018, Knight was hospitalized during her pregnancy and was gone from the Houston TV airwaves for a few weeks. Viewers were just as concerned back then.

Someone who won't reportedly be returning to channel 13 is reporter Katherine Marchand. I posted about her departure earlier this morning.



(Thanks Deanne)



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here