KHOU 11 anchors Greg Hurst, Lucy Noland, Dr. Neil Frank, Giff Nielsen and reporter Jeremy Desel parody anchors giving away the story in the toss. This is from the 2008 Houston Press Club Gridiron Show. (Thanks Mike)
Top ten best things about broadcasting
In no particular order, here are the absolute best things about working in television news.
Sunny forecasts for TV station weathercasters
According to broadcasters, agents and academics, weathercasters are still able to command competitive salaries, benefits and some measure of job security.
- Weatherman's bad trip sounds like movie plot
Ed Emmett, Annise Parker not happy about Dolcefino's 'Port of Plenty' reports
KTRK 13 Undercover's Wayne Dolcefino has been putting the Port of Houston under spotlight.
Wanna Date Nikki Araguz? AND Be on a Reality Show?
If you've been dying for the chance to date Nikki Araguz, transgender widow of a fallen Wharton firefighter, wait no longer: Local filmmaker Cressandra Thibodeaux is working on a reality series called Being Nikki that will include Araguz's quest for a new man.
Crank ‘em up! 5 new subchannels turned on
KUVM-CD and KUVM-LD in Houston are testing the same program on 10.1 and 34.1 - “GBC World News."
- Houston group starting satellite world news TV channel in 2011
Before He Celebrates 17 Years of Hosting The Adventure Club, Josh Venable Looks At Its Past
Josh Venable can be still heard from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every weekday on Dallas' KDGE-102.1 FM The Edge, and, as has been the case since 1994, he still hosts The Edge's Sunday night anti-format favorite, The Adventure Club.
- April PPM Analysis: Dallas
Changes at 1560: Is KGOW Losing Its KAPOW?
Is 1560 The Game KGOW going mainstream?
AandE Airing Reality Series on Flipping Houses in Houston
You might have thought the real estate implosion would mark the end of those "house-flipping" TV shows, where someone buys a fixer-upper, fixer-uppers it and then makes a huuuuge profit selling it to a beaming couple.
KTRU to receive $1 million
In accordance with the original plan designating how the $9.5 million from the sale of the KTRU tower will be allocated, the station is on track to receive $1 million.
Sight into Sound reader gives voice to columnist
Former disc jockey Mike Marshall worked for a bunch of radio stations from 1969, including KPRC, KXYZ, KULF and KQUE, until he retired two years ago. Now he reads for taping for the blind.
Belo Copes With Auto Ad Losses
Belo CFO Carey Hendrickson said the station group has experienced cancellations by auto advertisers related to the trouble in Japan, but not at an unanticipated level.
El Paso TV exodus
- KVIA reporter and weekend anchor Veronique Masterson is saying goodbye to journalism
- KVIA's Monroy says goodbye to viewers
- KFOX's Richardson says farewell
- The struggles of Fox News
- New York Times Tech Columnist David Pogue, Estranged Wife Charged With Disorderly Conduct
- Powerful Woman Plus Slacker Dude Equals Comedy TV Gold
- Dick Ebersol Resigns From NBC Sports
- Katie Couric signs off as CBS anchor (video)
- Katie Couric is closing in on a deal with ABC for an afternoon talk show
- Scott Pelley: ‘I’ve never anchored a television broadcast — ever — in my career’
- ESPN reads like open book
- Stars come out for Oprah Winfrey's farewell party
- Oprah -- Built in Baltimore
- Keith Olbermann On His MSNBC Exit: ‘I Did Not Burn The Bridges. I Burned The Rivers’
- Doomsday comes and goes, and radio station owner Harold Camping is MIA
- Stephen Colbert on ‘Network’: Great Film or the Greatest Film?
- ABC announces fall primetime schedule
- Bell tolls on further filming in Dallas of ABC's Good Christian Belles
- NBC Hopes for Turnaround
- CBS' fall lineup looks familiar but has some risky moves
- The Fox upfront
- CW 2011-12 Schedule: 'Ringer' Debuts in Fall; 'One Tree Hill' Returns Mid-Season
- Univision announces fall lineup
- Univision plans three new cable TV channels
- TV Networks Fueled by Netflix Effect Introduce Most New Shows Since 2004
- Disney's bet on games not yet paying off
- Broadcasting’s Future Is All About Mobile
MARY WASSON to be a Staff Meteorologist at YNN in Austin.
Mary is represented by Steve Swienckowski of DCA (The David Crane Agency). http://www.davidcrane.com.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- KXAS 5 grabs photographer Peter Hull from KDAF 33
- Houston radio DJs of the 1960s talk about era
- UT sports gets new radio home at ESPN 97.5 KFNC
- GalTime.com launches in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio; TV show coming