Bird Bites TV Reporter - I missed this one when it came out
Photographer Threatens to Sue Blogger Over Pole Dancing Photo of KXAS Reporter Kim Fischer
A photographer threatened to sue Dallas media blogger Ed Bark last week after he posted a photo of KXAS‘s Kim Fischer simulating a pole dance, an image that the reporter had apparently begun using as her Facebook profile picture.
- From the mind of NBC5 reporter/anchor Kim Fischer...
Former KPRC meteorologist Byron Miranda will join LA's KNBC
Former KPRC 2 meteorologist Byron Miranda will join NBC OandO KNBC Los Angeles as a weekend meteorologist on May 2.
- Full coverage of Byron Miranda through the years
KBTX Media General Sales Manager Passes Away
KBTX 3 Bryan-College Station General Sales Manager and former anchor Jon Boaz died after a cancer battle.
100.3 KILT Now Much Less Rowdy
After 16 years of driving you home, Texas Radio Hall of Fame inductee Rowdy Yates (may not be actual birth name) is retiring from CBS Country KILT/Houston and is relocating to Tulsa. (Scroll down to see story)
What makes a successful anchor?
Yes, you need to be competent reading the prompter and it sure helps your credibility if you can pronounce the name of the Iranian president, but there are a lot of intangibles that can make or break your time on the desk.
- Now's the perfect time to send those resume tapes
Texas Neurosurgeon Loses Libel Suit Against Local TV Reporter & Station
A KEYE 42 Austin news report that focused on malpractice suits and disciplinary actions taken against a Texas neurosurgeon may have cast him in a negative light, but it did not constitute libel, a state appeals court has ruled. Not giving up, the surgeon has asked the state Supreme Court to further review the case.
HISD media dude Norm Uhl is rocking with his band Brother2Brother Friday night
Houston media knows him as an HISD PIO by day, but by night he's got soul.
Friday, April 15th, 2011 | THE BIG EASY SOCIAL & PLEASURE CLUB | 9pm-1am | 5731 Kirby Dr
Houston Texas 77005 | 713-523-9999 | Price: $5
- The most rocking school district PIO
Budget cuts? Not in the Big 12
Fox Sports strikes 13-year, $1.1 billion deal for football games
Houston Media Watch calls local sports talker 'idiot'
Houston Media Watch goes after Sports 610 KILT host.
From "The Bro/manzier" on Seinfeld to a "bra for the booty" on Good Morning Texas
WFAA 8's Good Morning Texas recently aired a pre-paid, in-studio segment about a line of products that can have butts bubbling up in no time.
Is former FOX 26 reporter the ghost in the machine?
Isiah Carey AKA The Insite noticed that former Fox 26 KRIV reporter Duarte Geraldino's image still lives in the station.
- Another CW33er -- reporter Duarte Geraldino -- gets out of Dodge
KABB debuting zany signature news piece, ‘Street’s Corner’
Fox 29 San Antonio KABB video journalist/movie previewer J.T. Street is aiming to put a smile on your face with a new Monday-through-Friday feature.
KVIA's Valle expecting
KVIA reporter/anchor Stephanie Valle is expecting her second child in September.
Maximizing web site buzz
Keeping users coming back for fresh web content requires a delicate balance.
- 5 Tips for Developing News Stories Via Social Media
- Four ways to make social technologies relevant to your business
Grass Valley is in it for the long haul
The owners of TV equipment supplier Grass Valley want to quell any uncertainty about its future and unveil a number of new products and improvements, including the its new Stratus media flow application suite.
Dr. Steve Launches in Houston and Dallas
On April 16 and 17, 2011 Tribune Broadcasting will launch Dr. Steve, a 30-minute health, wellness and lifestyle program for families on KIAH 39 and KDAF 33.
CultureMap plans Austin expansion
Houston lifestyle website CultureMap has inked a joint venture with a publicly traded company that will allow it to expand its brand outside Houston.
- Who’s afraid of Arianna Huffington?
- Telemundo President Don Browne to retire
- Attendance is up for the NAB Show in Las Vegas: 92,000-plus
- Front-Runner for CBS Anchor Is ‘60 Minutes’ Reporter
- Glenn Beck 2.0: What Happens Next?
- Hulu is popular, but that wasn't the goal
- WSJ: Univision Planning 24 Hour Cable News Channel
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- KIAH 39 photog Scott Goldsmith moves on to Florida
- KIAH 39 News: The last days in photo
- Houston-based national radio show Chris X's Chris Blayney talks with Mike McGuff
- KTRK 13 anchor Art Rascon's son Jacob now at KFOX 14 El Paso