support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mike McGuff goes from TV dude to newspaper man

Somehow I have moved from making TV to writing for a newspaper!

That's right, I USED TO WRITE LIKE THIS...WITH WEIRD ELLIPSES BREAKS PUT INTO THE COPY...TIME CODES AND TRTs but now I can go back into sentence case.

It is not a usual transition.

But make sure to catch my first newspaper article in the Houston Examiner Newspapers which cover the Bellaire, West University, River Oaks and Memorial areas. Wow, some wealthy folks will read my first words!

The piece is a longer version of my blog post on HISD's media manager Norm Uhl and his rocking/bluesy ways! He plays keyboards/harmonica in the Houston band Brother 2 Brother which landed on the Grammy ballot.

If you don't live in the above areas, make sure to read the article online here. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here