support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio

Sunday, February 15, 2026

Melissa Wilson surgery updates


I told you how FOX 26 Houston KRIV morning anchor Melissa Wilson had surgery to fix a facial injury caused by an airbag.

"This is the first day I've been fully awake since surgery," Wilson told mikemcguff.com after surgery.  "Just wanted to update you that I had reconstruction to all my airways because of a severe airbag injury to my face years ago. Scar tissue eventually built up and led to sleep apnea. Even though I'm still swollen, I can't believe how good it feels to breathe well again. Love and hugs to all. And yes... I sit WAY BACK now, further from the dash to prevent it from ever happening again."

We now have more updates from the popular, longtime Channel 26 morning anchor.

- Tom Zizka is having surgery, too




Wilson started working for FOX 26 Houston in 2000. Originally on the evening shift with co-anchor Mike Barajas, and she then moved to the morning desk with José Griñán in 2010.  Wilson now co-anchors with DaLaun Dillard.

The Baylor University graduate also worked for Florida's News Channel and NewsChannel 6 KAUZ Wichita Falls.




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here