support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

Runaway Radio Screenings
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming on Tubi!

Friday, October 18, 2024

Rudy Mireles leaves KRGV 5


Rudy Mireles announced he is leaving his Channel 5 News KRGV Rio Grande Valley.

Here is a portion of what Mireles posted on Facebook:


"Today, at my request, KRGV and I have mutually agreed to part ways, concluding my time with the station. While this decision follows some incredibly difficult conversations spanning several years, I am saddened that my journey with KRGV has to end this way. However, I want to focus on the immense gratitude I feel for the opportunity to serve this incredible community over the years.


As I look ahead to the next chapter of my career, I want to express my heartfelt thanks for the trust and support you’ve shown me. It has been an honor to tell your stories and stand with you through some of the most pivotal moments in our region’s history."


In May 2022, Mireles became the KRGV evening anchor after Oscar Adame retired. 

Mireles joined KRGV as a reporter in March 2020. 

Prior to that, he was the morning news anchor for News Radio 1370 WSPD in Toledo, Ohio.

Before transitioning to journalism, Mireless spent eight years in the U.S. Air Force and two years in the Air National Guard. His military service included deployments to the Middle East, Germany, and aboard NSF Diego Garcia. He also played a key role in maintaining the combat readiness of F-16 fighter jets with the 113th Wing at Joint Base Andrews, MD.








CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here