support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, January 09, 2024

"Great Day SA" host Clarke Finney recovering from a brain injury


Clarke Finney, the co-host of KENS 5's "Great Day SA," announced Monday that she is recovering from a hypoxic brain injury she experienced in October 2023.


UPDATE
Clarke Finney is pregnant


She has not appeared on the 9am morning lifestyle show since experiencing the medical emergency which restricts oxygen to the brain.

Here is what Finney posted on Instagram:


"Hey guys, I hope you’ve missed me on tv and I want y’all to know I’ve missed you too.  


In October I had a medical emergency which caused me to have a hypoxic brain injury.  I am currently re-learning everything but one thing I haven’t forgotten is how much I love you guys. 


I miss serving my community and I cant wait to see you all when I fully recover.  I hope that you understand how much I love you, and how important being a journalist is to me. 


I would like to say thank you to everyone who has prayed for me, and a very special thank you to the amazing medical staff and therapists who have taken great care of me.


Once I fully recover, I look forward to getting back to what I love, and it starts with loving you."



Finney joined Great Day SA in January of 2020 from Big 2 News KMID/FOX24 KPEJ Midland-Odessa.

In July 2022, Finney authored a children's book called "The Perfect Mix." 






 

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here