support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Roxy Van Ruiten leaves KTSM 9 News El Paso


Roxy Van Ruiten, who has been the morning weather forecaster at KTSM 9 News El Paso for the last two years posted on Instagram that she has resigned:


"Dear friends and viewers, what an incredible journey it’s been having the privilege to give you all the weather every morning for the last 2 years. 

Last week I resigned from my role as the Morning forecaster and I want to thank you all for your sweet & kind messages. 

I love my craft & my city and I’m so excited to continue my education, as well as do lots of traveling this next coming month! Not to get all mushyyyy but this position has really allowed me to meet the most amazing and supportive people I could ever ask for. 

You all have changed my life for the better and I can’t wait to share with y’all what I have planned next. It was an honor to serve you El Paso, thank you for the amazing memories."


Texas TV live shot ends up in pool!


Van Ruiten's Instagram bio lists her as a Mississippi State University meteorology student.

The University of Texas at El Paso grad interned with KTSM and across the street with KVIA ABC-7 News.





 

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here