support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, March 27, 2023

Roseann Rogers AKA 'The Buzz Lady' returns on 'Houston Life'


Roseann Rogers AKA "The Buzz Lady" is one of the latest former KPRC 2 personalities to return to co-host the station's afternoon lifestyle show "Houston Life" with Derrick Shore.

This one is being posted late because I've been in three time zones in the last two weeks.   Rogers actually guest co-hosted during spring break and it came on my radar even when I wasn't in Texas! 

"The response on Facebook and Instagram has been truly overwhelming," Rogers told mikemcguff.com.  "Everyone remembers me and being 'The Buzz Lady.' Reading comments from so many family members, friends, former colleagues and viewers seriously brought tears to my eyes.  I loved being a story-teller and having the opportunity to do that on KPRC Channel 2 was my dream job! I believe so many people remember me because it was before social media took over and when you're in three to four newscasts a day, a lot of people will see your segments."

For those new to Houston television, Rogers was known as "The Buzz Lady" because she hosted the channel 2 entertainment segment called "The Buzz" which debuted, if memory serves, around the same time then 107.5 The Buzz KTBZ signed on the air.  Houston was buzzy back then. 

H-Town media insiders will know that Rogers also worked as KPRC's marketing director later on.  She would go on to work on-air for the now defunct version of 55 KTBU, KHOU 11 and abc13 KTRK. In addition to PR roles, she also worked as the Houston Chronicle's VP of Strategic Marketing and Development.

Rogers eventually moved to Nashville where she now works in marketing. 

"Coming back from Nashville to co-host at my former station: GREAT," Rogers told me.  "I was surprised that I wasn't nervous at all, but rather super excited to be back in the studio again. It did feel a little bit like coming home. I really enjoyed working with the Houston Life team of producers, including supervising producer Heather Kansteiner and Derrick Shore, the show's talented host, is such a pro! He made me look so good. Heather and I had some really good laughs looking at old footage and stories of me back in the day!"

After leaving KPRC in 2008, Rogers relished the chance to see old friends.

"Khambrel Marshall and I have kept in touch over the years, but seeing him in person brought back a flood of wonderful memories of us working together," she added.  "He remembers when I was pregnant with my son Nikhil and now he's graduating in May.  How time flies and he's for sure aging backwards!" 

In case you missed it, "Houston Life" has been utilizing guest co-hosts since Courtney Zavala left Houston Life in early January 2023Zavala later issued this video



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here