support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, February 06, 2023

Rita Garcia appears on Los Angeles TV

Rita Garcia

Rita Garcia is away on maternity leave with Baby Jordan, but the abc13 KTRK Houston morning anchor did take the time out of her busy schedule to wish former FOX 11 Los Angeles KTTV "Good Day LA" co-anchor Tony McEwing a happy retirement

UPDATE APRIL 2023
Rita Garcia returns to abc13 Houston after maternity leave


RELATED
The Houston TV world celebrates Rita Garcia's baby
Rita Garcia is married


And for Garcia's LA and Houston fans, here is video of Baby Jordan (LA readers here is the SoCal news you  have been asking for!):




"Tony, I am sending you double the love from Texas from me and my little Jordan here who just arrived. 

We just want to say congratulations on this next chapter on retirement. The LA market is not going to be the same without you. 

I had the privilege of sitting next to you at Good Day LA and what an honor. 

Always readily available to answer all of my questions, we had some great conversations. 

You have the biggest heart, Tony, and most importantly, you always shared your snacks with me, so thank you for that. I never went hungry. And all the candy that you gave me, too, so thank you for that as well. 

And I know you're going to be spending a lot of time in the desert and I'm telling you, we always joked we would put a camera there, so maybe we should do that. So you can retire, but you can't go far. Congratulations."


McEwing has become a legend in Los Angeles morning TV with more than 30 years of anchoring in Southern California. He had a total TV career of 43 years. 

Garcia just left the venerable "Good Day LA" back in 2021, returning to Houston at channel 13.

She had been with FOX 11 Los Angeles since 2017

Before LA, Garcia was a morning anchor with FOX 26 Houston KRIV joining the station in 2011.







CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here