support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, January 06, 2023

TJ Parker returns to Houston

TJ Parker

 

TJ Parker is returning to Houston he announced on social media, but the former abc13 KTRK Houston and current WSVN 7News Miami reporter is getting out of the TV news business.


UPDATE JUNE 2023
TJ Parker joins KPRC 2 Houston


Here is a portion of what Parker posted on Instagram:


"I’m leaving news!

I’ve wanted to be a reporter since third grade… so, getting to do my dream job has been 𝘵𝘩𝘦 privilege of my life. It started when I was a mini-weather watcher at NBC Chicago… then, hosting my own public access news show in fourth grade… to anchoring my college newscast…to now, reporting professionally for the past 10 years at 5 stations. This life has given me more than third grade T.J. would have ever hoped for.

I couldn’t have closed this chapter at a better place than at WSVN Ch. 7. My bosses and co-workers have felt like family, so their support means so much."


Parker left abc13 Houston in October 2021 for WSVN Miami.

Before KTRK, Parker was a reporter/MMJ for WCPO 9 News Cincinnati,  Ohio.

The Western Kentucky University grad previously worked for:

- WFIE 14 News Evansville, Indiana as a Reporter/Multimedia journalist
- WVLT Knoxville, TN as a Multi-Media Journalist/Anchor


Parker is not the only former abc13 reporter who returned to Houston, and retired from the television news biz.  

Former KTRK reporter Tracy Clemons left FOX8 WGHP in Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem in early 2022 to come back and become Texas Southern University's Associate Vice President for Marketing and Communications.





(Thanks John!)



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here