support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, December 09, 2022

Houston TV has lots of job openings...like A TON!

 


I keep hearing around the Houston TV scene that there are lots of TV job openings as of December 2022.  

So I dove into the station's websites to fight pop-up ads and infinite scrolls and see what I could find on the career pages.

After my Houston TV job hunt, I found that THERE ARE A TON OF FREAKIN' JOBS!!!!

I've been blogging since 2005, and I don't think I have ever encountered this many TV openings.

But then again, you kind of knew this anyway.  I mean if you are reading my blog with any regularity at all...then you know there are a lot of people just leaving the TV biz period. So I guess it's not too much of a surprise.

As of today, here are how many job openings each Houston TV station has listed online.


KPRC 2 - 14 job openings


abc13 KTRK - 12 job openings (interns are paid here)


FOX 26 KRIV - 12 job openings


Univision Houston KXLN - 7 job openings (not counting the one radio job listed here)


KHOU 11 - 6 job openings


Telemundo Houston KTMD - 3 job openings


CW39 KIAH - 2 job openings


Now I'm no math brain (clearly since I once worked in TV), but even I can figure out that is 56 open TV positions in the Houston market.   

Interesting since I've talked to people over the years who feel pushed out of the industry...

And there could be more job openings coming for some of these shops from what I understand.  Stay tuned...

So are you ready to come to Houston TV market number 8? 


*Workaholics encouraged to apply





CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here