support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, October 24, 2022

Shane Hinton moves to KVUE Austin mornings


Shane Hinton moves to the KVUE Austin Daybreak morning newscast meteorologist role from the weekend morning weather shift.

Here is what Hinton posted on Facebook:


"I’ll let you in on a little secret…I’m not a morning person. At least I didn’t use to be.

When I moved to Austin and started on KVUE’s weekend morning shows, I realized the impact you can have on someone’s day. Whether it be with a laugh, smile, or a story, you can completely set the tone for anyone’s daily journey.

It’s with this new understanding I’ve learned my purpose as a meteorologist: preparing you for what to expect with professionalism and positivity. If I can sometimes make you laugh along the way, then that’s a bonus.

I’m proud to finally announce I’ve accepted the role of Daybreak Meteorologist at KVUE and will officially be joining our weekday team. I’m thankful for all of the love and support I’ve been shown in my life to get to this moment. Now I want to take that love and share it with all of you each morning.

Now let’s get to rising and shining."


THE KVUE WEATHER SHIFT

- Erika Lopez leaves KVUE Austin

- Hunter Williams named KVUE chief meteorologist from mornings


Hinton joined KVUE Austin in November 2020 from WCTI TV 12 and FOX 8/14 New Bern, North Carolina where he was a weekend meteorologist.

The University of Miami logo grad interned with NBC News. He was also a meteorologist for the school's UMTV.





CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here