support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Judd Baker joins KETK Today and Fox 51 Good Day Tyler


Judd Baker is joining KETK Today and Fox 51 Good Day Tyler from Nexstar Media Group sister-station KAMR Local 4 News/Fox 14 News KCIT Amarillo where he held the weekend anchor/reporter position.

UPDATE JUNE 26, 2023
Judd Baker leaves KETK for Southwest Airlines.



RELATED
Perry Elyaderani joins KNWA & FOX24 News Rogers, Arkansas


Here is what Baker posted on Facebook:


"After 7.5 years, my time at KAMR Local 4 News/Fox 14 News and my time in the Texas Panhandle is coming to and end.

I’ve had quite the experience in Amarillo. I’ve interviewed influential political and faith figures, spoken to refugees fleeing from Afghanistan, recounted tragedy and loss in the community, chased tornadoes, interviewed celebrities, and most importantly, shared the Heart of the High Plains. Thank you to everyone who’ve shared your story with me. I hope I did you justice. 

As for my next move, I’ll be trading the “Yellow Rose of Texas” for the “Rose Capital of America.” I have accepted a position as Co-Anchor for KETK Today and Fox 51 Good Day in Tyler, Texas.

To my KAMR friends and family: Thank you to those who were kind and for what you’ve taught me. Without the experience I wouldn’t be where I am today. "


Baker joined KAMR while a student at West Texas A&M University in 2017.  He started as a digital producer and multi-media journalist (MMJ).  He worked his way up to anchor.

While in college, Baker also worked for KAMR as a production assistant, editor and intern. In between his time with KAMR, Baker was a college associate for Fox News Media's internship program in New York. 




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here