support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, January 21, 2022

Greg Pollak leaves News 4 SA - FOX 29 San Antonio


Greg Pollak announced on January 12, 2022 that he left the weather department of Sinclair Broadcast Group stations News 4 San Antonio WOAI and FOX 29 KABB.

In April 2022, Pollak announced he was working or Spectrum News 1 Texas.

" I am back on-air this time for Spectrum News 1 Texas," Pollak posted to Facebook.  "I’ll be freelancing for them for at least the next month or two. I’ll be broadcasting the weather across the entire state. Look for me on the tube if you’re a Texas Spectrum customer!"

RELATED
Joe DeCarlo joins News 4 SA - FOX 29 San Antonio


Here is what Pollak posted to Facebook about his departure from WOAI and KABB:


"My time at News4 and FOX29 has come to an end. My last broadcast was this past weekend. 

I’m grateful for the opportunities I was given in San Antonio. 

This change was my choice as I decided I wanted to pursue other broadcast meteorology opportunities.

 To all my viewers, I want to thank you for letting me tell you the weather week after week for the past two years. 

And to all my co-workers, it was a pleasure working with some of the nicest people in the business.

Thank you so much San Antonio...Stay tuned for what’s next..."


Pollak joined News 4 San Antonio WOAI and FOX 29 KABB in December 2019 as the weekend meteorologist.

"I'd like to take a moment to say goodbye and tip my hat to my friend and colleague meteorologist Greg Pollak," WOAI chief meteorologist Chris Suchan posted to Facebook.  "He's moving on to the next chapter ahead in his career.   Greg was such a great member of our team, so many laughs, good conversations and geez, he was right there for some crazy, historical weather over the past couple years! Can't wait to see what's next buddy and all the FB updates of your son Colton as he grows up!"   


Pollak  previously worked for:

WNYT 13 Albany, New York - Weekend meteorologist

WGGB Springfield, MA - Freelance Meteorologist

WBNG Binghamton, NY - Morning/Noon Meteorologist/Reporter

KVRR Fargo, ND -  Weekend Meteorologist


The University at Albany B.A. in Broadcast Meteorology grad interned with WNYT-TV, Albany and WMGM-TV, Atlantic City, NJ.





CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here