support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Adam Winkler joins abc13 KTRK

Adam Winkler, announced on his own blog, that he is joining abc13 KTRK "to report/anchor both sports and news" from the sports director role at WTKR 3 Norfolk, Virginia.

"Less than three weeks after our wedding in 2016, I moved my wife - a native Texan - out of the Lone Star State and away from both our families. It was, at the time, what was best for my career. Because she’s the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me, she never questioned the move. I don’t know what I did to deserve her unconditional love and support, but I’m quite positive I wouldn’t be typing this without it. 

In the past five years, while I’ve worked a nightside anchor schedule, weekend morning shift and traveled the country for incredible assignments previously noted in this post, my amazing bride was raising our two beautiful children - and doing so a time zone away from parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters-in-law. Beginning this summer, we’ll share a state with all (and a city with most) members of our immediate families. I’m elated to raise our children as Texans and have them benefit from the influence of some of the most important people in our lives.

So…next month, I’ll embark on a little sports, a little news, a little anchoring, a little reporting - and a lot of reacquainting the Winklers with friends and family (and…food) in my favorite city on earth. Here’s to new beginnings in old stomping grounds. We couldn’t be more excited to be coming home. Just don’t ask me to catch up by going to the movies."

Winkler starts in his new sports and news reporting/anchor role at channel 13 on July 12, 2021.

RELATED

- David Nuño leaves abc13 KTRK for TexAgs
- Brooke Taylor joins abc13 KTRK
- Briana Conner joins abc13 KTRK

Readers of this blog might remember Adam Winkler's name since he worked for other Texas television stations before leaving for WTKR Norfolk in 2016.

Winkler was the weekend sports anchor and reporter for KEYE Austin from 2010 to 2016.

Before Austin, Winkler worked for KWTX Waco-Temple-Killeen as a weekend sports anchor/reporter from 2007 to 2010.

The Emmy Award winning sports anchor started in the TV news biz as a weekend sports anchor/reporter for KNOE Monroe, LA. 

 Growing up in Spring, TX and attending Klein High School, Winkler went on to graduate from Southwestern University in Georgetown, TX where he played on the Pirates baseball team.



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here