support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, December 11, 2020

Texas anchors affected by COVID-19


Multiple instances of Texas anchors and a meteorologist being quarantined due to COVID-19 have happened this week. 

Melanie Lawson filed a report today concerning her positive COVID-19 test:

For me, it started more than three weeks ago with an annoying cough. I didn't think anything of it, since I always have seasonal allergies. When someone suggested I get tested for COVID-19, I thought 'No way.' I wear a mask all the time, wash my hands and social distance.

I haven't been in a restaurant in months. Even our church services are online.

So when my doctor said 'You have it,' I was floored.

I immediately self-quarantined. Then my symptoms got worse. READ MORE

Fellow abc13 KTRK anchor, Chauncy Glover, was the first member of the Houston media to publicly say they tested positive.

Earlier this week, KPRC 2 morning meteorologist posted on Facebook that she was returning to work after a COVID quarantine.

Over in San Antonio, KSAT12 anchor Myra Arthur has been under quarantine with her family. 

RELATED
Houston media members affected by COVID-19
Taniya Wright shows us a drive-thru COVID-19 test



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here