support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Lisa Hernandez debuts on KPRC 2


Former KHOU 11 #HTownRush anchor Lisa Hernandez officially hit the airwaves of KPRC 2's morning newscast today and tweeted concerning her new colleagues, "I already love these guys!!"

Before going on air for the first time at channel 2, Hernandez wrote that she's glad her career led to Houston almost a decade ago.


RELATED
- Taniya Wright leaves KPRC 2
- Lisa Hernandez leaves KHOU 11


"In 2011, after seven years reporting and anchoring in Los Angeles, I was offered an opportunity to come out to Houston," Hernandez wrote. "While I have family in El Paso, I didn’t know a soul in H-Town. I took a leap of faith — and thank goodness I did.

"It was here that I discovered the incredible diversity of Houston and the warmth and resilience of this great city. It was also the place where I met my husband and started a family. We now have two little girls we absolutely adore and we’re happy to be raising them in the Lone Star State."

While Hernandez might be no stranger to Houston television, as a new KPRC anchor, she'll learn the new experience of what it's like to anchor next to a TV news TikTok star, Owen Conflenti!

In case you missed the news during the pandemic, Hernandez was named as the new KPRC 2 morning anchor on April 21, 2020.

It was 2011, Hernandez was hired by KHOU channel 11 from KABC 7 (sister station to abc13 KTRK) Los Angeles.

She previously worked for KESQ Palm Springs, News 14 North Carolina and the LA Times.

The California native is a graduate of UCLA.







CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here