support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston streaming dvd
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, August 02, 2019

Deneige Broom leaves FOX 26 KRIV


FOX 26 KRIV reporter Deneige Broom announced today is her last day at the station.

"Soooo today was my last day @FOX26Houston," Broom tweeted. "I love this city and so many of the people I’ve met. Thank you for letting me into your homes for the last 2 years ❤️I’ll keep you posted about my next moves."

Broom came to FOX 26 in 2017 from WFTV Orlando where she had worked for four years as a reporter and fill-in anchor.

Before Florida, she worked at Tallahassee's WCTV for the station's Valdosta, Ga. bureau. She eventually became a weekend anchor there.

While attending Florida State University, Broom covered football as a sideline reporter for ESPNU.

RELATED
Emily Akin retires from FOX 26

Broom told us more on Facebook:

When I got into news, the explorer in me loved the idea of moving to different cities and stations. What I didn’t anticipate was coming to really love some of the people and cities I’d encounter along the way. Once again, I’m saying “see ya later” to some great people.

To my coworkers, many of you have become friends, sounding boards and shoulders I literally cried on when life kept dealing me blows. Thank you for making this decision to leave so difficult. These 2 years wouldn’t have been the same without you. It takes a crazy group of people to do what we do, but we were crazy together.

To our Houston viewers, thank you for letting me into your home every morning. When I’ve met some of you in person, you’ve embodied southern hospitality and kindness. I’ve appreciated every sweet word you’ve sent my way.

To this city, thank you for making this Florida girl feel like Houston is home. I didn’t know much about Houston before I moved. I’d only been here for a month when Harvey happened, and watching the city come together will stick with me forever. We recovered together and I’m sure that’s why Houston will always be dear to me. I’m thankful I got to experience what makes the Bayou City so special...the people.

And the food 😆

I’ll announce my next moves when I can. This isn’t goodbye. Just “see ya later”.





CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here