support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, April 12, 2019

The new FOX 26 weekend morning show

Anchor Denise Middleton and meteorologist Stephen Morgan to work FOX 26 KRIV weekend mornings


Just a reminder that FOX 26 weekend mornings are getting a new start.

The station announced in late March that KTHV Little Rock, Arkansas evening anchor Denise Middleton was returning home to H-Town.

“It’s always been my dream to work in my hometown of Houston, alongside some of the anchors and reporters who inspired me to go into this field," Middleton said back then. "After working in Nebraska, Louisiana and Arkansas, I look forward to working at KRIV and sharing the stories of my own community.”

Middleton is a UH Cougar.


A few days after the Middleton announcement, KRIV officially put reporter Stephen Morgan in the weekend morning meteorologist spot.

Don't let the reporter part fool you...Morgan holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology from Saint Louis University.

“Mother Nature has defined so much of my career in local news and I’m excited to begin this new chapter with FOX 26, as well as the great people who call Houston and southeast Texas home," Morgan said in the March announcement. "The Gulf Coast presents its own unique forecasting challenges, but I’m ready for it.”

Morgan had already been filling in the weekend morning weather slot for months along with Rashi Vats who had been holding down the anchor chair until Middleton was named.





CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here