support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Houston media members run the Boston Marathon

Former KPRC 2 reporter Ryan Korsgard and KHOU 11's Stephanie Simmons both ran in the Boston Marathon


Former KPRC 2 reporter Ryan Korsgard was on channel 2 again, this time as a story participant.

The longtime Houston television news journalist ran the Boston Marathon yesterday for a cause he spent years reporting on.

Houstonian Rebekah Gregory lost a leg in the 2013 marathon bombings, her then 5-year-old son Noah was also injured. Due to the severe PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) that became a part of both of their lives she started Rebekah's Angels, a non-profit that provides resources and funding for children ages 18 and under with PTSD due to trauma.

Gregory and Korsgard became friends over the years so he decided to run for her team.

You can read more at KPRC 2's website.

And you know who else made the run? KHOU 11 traffic anchor Stephanie Simmons made the journey to Beantown and explained on Instagram all the struggles she had.



Boston, you beautiful beast! Thank you for another dance. Of course we all want to PR in every race, but I had realistic expectations for today. My sinus infection was no joke, which made it hard to breathe and recover after all the hills. In true runner form, I threw up from all the meds in my stomach, and kept going. Not my prettiest or fastest race, but I was happy with it in my condition. Now, let me tell you a little something about friendship. Despite piles of work, my dearest girl @moniquepardo flew from Miami to Boston, just so I wouldn’t be alone on race day (fam couldn’t make it). I am so honored to stand next to you on your wedding day in August, Pupi! You are one special human, and I love you for making this race weekend so memorable! 3:29 with another BQ. And hey 3:19, you WILL be mine soon. #embracethesuck #bostonmarathon2019 #boston #marathon #BQ #runner #instarunner #athlete #26.2
A post shared by Stephanie Simmons (@stephaniesimmonstv) on

Not at the Boston Marathon this year, but as I blogged earlier in the year, qualified for it through the Houston Marathon, was abc13 KTRK reporter Jessica Willey.




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here