support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Is that Pete Holmes or KHOU's Brooks Garner?

UPDATED FEBRUARY 06, 2019
Brooks Garner gone from KHOU 11

Comedian Pete Holmes just premiered the new season of his show Crashing on HBO this week, so I don't think he has time to be shopping for a cell phone in Pearland.

That was actually KHOU 11 meteorologist Brooks Garner. More from Garner's Facebook:


True story: Gentleman at cell phone store was eye-balling me and finally asked if I was on TV. I said 'yes, I'm Broo--', and he cut me off and exclaimed, "What the heck is Pete Holmes doing in Pearland?!" I was like, ummmm... the comedian? I told him I'm a, "TV meteorologist" and he laughed thinking I was totally kidding and said, "GOOD ONE, Pete!" He continued, "Now, can I take a pic with you for my wife?!" .... I didn't correct him further. Sorry Pete Holmes!)

Garner's followers gave other ideas who the Houston meteorologist really looks like.

For example, Three's Company's Jack Tripper (RIP John Ritter).

via GIPHY

Another said U.S. Rep. Eric Swalwell of California.

RELATED
- The Brooks Garner baby is here
- KHOU's Brooks Garner named TV Guide's '10 Sexiest Weathermen on Earth'



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here