support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

LISTEN: Houston radio audio clips from 1984

Bruce Springsteen vs Prince and other 1984 cultural items heard through Houston radio airchecks


Relive the year 1984 through a bunch of Houston radio clips. 93Q which was apparently called 93FM at the time (I guess because of 79Q AM), plus clips from 104 KRBE, 97 Rock, Classic Rock 1070, Majic 102...etc.

BTW, I keep getting questions about John Lander's Q Morning Zoo song "I wish I had a Neil Frank haircut." Does anyone have a copy of that? If so, let me know where and I will embed it here. If you have it on tape, I can digitize it too.

ALSO LISTEN
Classic Houston radio aircheck audio from the 1950s to the 2000s




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here