support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Fmr. chron.com director heading to Microsoft + new website launch for paper

The Houston Chronicle launched the new chron.com Friday and I like it better already.

I also found out Friday that former Houston Chronicle/chron.com Content Director Dean Betz also had some big news.

"I'm moving next week to Seattle, where I will be managing editor of Microsoft's news app in Windows 8, which launches in late October," Betz told mikemcguff.com.

Betz is one of the good guys in journalism. He was always willing to keep us informed about the paper's digital efforts, plus he praised my work on abc13.com's blogs years ago.

I think Betz also left his mark, in a good way, on chron.com over the years. He brought out some very innovative ideas to Houston journalism.

"It's an exciting time to be joining Microsoft," Betz added. "I'll be leading a group of editors who will curate the best reporting of the day, licensing content from news organizations and helping to develop cutting-edge news applications."

Congrats Dean.

RELATED
Chron.com to get 'dramatic facelift' from Houston Chronicle

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here