support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fox 26 KRIV adds new weekend newscasts

Now I get to say TOLDJA! just like Deadline Hollywood's Nikki Finke!

In early May I broke the "rumors" that Fox 26 KRIV was expanding its weekend newscast offerings. Fox Broadcasting has no official update on this yet, but I can say with certainty, that Fox 26 reporter Sally MacDonald will anchor a new weekend newscast from 5 to 8am.

How do I know this? The station is now running on air promos with MacDonald featured as the anchor. Fox 26 meteorologist John Dawson will handle weather.

But that's not all, the new weekend 5pm show I told you about also has its own promo with current 9pm anchor Rita Garcia sitting behind the news desk. Dawson will handle weather there too I'm sure.

The new Fox 26 weekend newscasts start July 7th. I'll be on my couch with a bag of popcorn.


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here