support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

KTRK 13 brings Doug Zepeda Ortiz from KUVN 23

Here is an update for you. It was almost a year ago that I wrote how a former KIAH 39 co-worker of mine (I do not work for the 39 anymore by the way) was leaving for the DFW Metroplex. That's right, photographer Doug Zepeda Ortiz moved to Univision 23 KUVN Dallas.

Now I can brag about my powers of prognastication. Here is what I wrote in 2010:

The only thing I wonder is, how will a guy who lives and breathes Houston and UH survive in DFW?

Wow, was I right or not? Doug just recently started in the programming department of KTRK 13. He joins another recent KIAH 39 photog arrival, Matt Robbins, in that department. You might also remember that former KIAH 39 photog Damion Smith just joined the Eyewitness News department.

So now Doug can feel at peace once again driving the 610 Loop, sitting in traffic in the Galleria area and watching his UH Coogs. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here