support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Houston restaurant chain needed for book drive

Regular readers will recognize "Abby's Book Corner" posts. Abigail "Abby" Kearney was my goddaughter who passed away from meningitis in 2008. Her parents have been working to build a library in her honor.

They have been holding book drives for hospitals in Dallas and San Antonio. Now I am going to head one for Houston benefiting the Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital. This will be a combination of an online and real world book drive.

I wanted to place the drop off locations in a Houston chain that has locations all over our area. My first thought was one of my favorites...Freebirds. I contacted the restaurant's California corporate parent email address and have not heard anything back in several weeks. Scratch that off the list.

Does anyone have any ideas of another chain that fits my needs? The business that gets the drop off boxes will get some publicity out of this thing!

http://www.abbysbookcorner.com/

RELATED
- VIDEO: CBS 11 KTVT has great story on Abby's Book Corner
VIDEO: Abby's Book Corner a success
Update on Abby's Book Drive
A Dallas baby’s death inspires giving — one book at a time
Abby's book drive, how you can help
CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here