support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, May 16, 2008

Sad news to report

I try to keep things fun for you on this blog, but real life gets in the way sometimes. One of my best friends in the world lost his baby on Monday. She had just turned one in April.

The cause was bacterial meningitis. She showed signs of trouble Sunday night, by Monday afternoon she had lost all brain function.

My friend wanted me to write something on the blog about this to let you know that learning CPR is important in these situations. When her breathing was shallow, he knew how to perform CPR as the ambulance was on its way and in some cases that could make a big difference.

Longtime readers of this blog know that I have lost both of my parents. That wasn't easy. I have no idea what this must be like. Hopefully you and I will never know. My friend's strength impresses me. We can all hope that if we face this tragedy, we handle it with the dignity and grace he has found inside.

The funeral is today. In her memory, I will not post for the rest of the week.

Please pray for his family. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here