support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Will Michael Garfield The High Tech Texan be on Mojo 950 KPRC?

Based on the Mojo 950 news, folks have been writing into this blog asking where Michael Garfield The High Tech Texan is going on The 950 AM Radio MOJO (this is how it is written on the Talk Radio 950 KPRC web site).

He told me this:

My show moves back to Saturdays with an expanded three hour program, 11a-2p.
I did six years of Saturdays on KPRC so this is no major deal for me. I had
fun entertaining morning listeners since late last year while expanding my
schtick beyond technology-related topics. Listeners followed me to the
weekdays and I'm sure they'll be hop back over to Saturday with me again.
This actually is pretty exciting as I get to yap for a much longer period of
time instead of one hour per day - that was always tough to start and stop
in that short time period.

I've known about this programming shift for a while so we've been planning
to alter the form a bit. Believe it or not, the pace will move even faster,
funnier than before and I want to bring in new people with regular features.
Oh, and I demanded more live broadcasts from bars because alcohol makes me
sound more coherent. ;)

He also said he is off to Hawaii so the timing was perfect. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here