support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Lotus and the Pimp Mobile

Here is a picture of a Lotus parked on the streets of Dallas (spare me the Mavericks bobble heads).

Nice.

Must be a UT grad. Who else would drive a car of that color?

An Aggie? Hell no, it would be maroon. Who would drive a maroon car? No one but an Aggie.

Do I sound jealous about this car? Maybe.

I used to drive a two-toned Lincoln Town Car. Grey and white. The front half was grey, the rest white. I called it the Pimp Mobile since it was 1996 and the car was a 1985 model.

The color difference was the result of a wreck. A junkyard didn't have a white front to match. I was too poor to immediatley change the color.

As you might imagine, it didn't mesh with the vehicles of other 20-somethings at the time.

This was at Baylor afterall (no green or gold for me). I figured the Pimp Mobile angle would be better than slapping a bumper sticker on it that said, "Proud Baylor Grandpa." Girls don't like the latter, unless they have "issues."

The car had a V8 and electronic windows/seats so how could I complain? Besides, it was a gift from my Dad.

I did like that car.

As a young punk, I could pull up to a stop light and smoke the other driver because they were foolish and didn't realize the ultimate power I had brewing under the hood. And let me tell you, when you have two cars welded together, no one messes with you. Especially luxury car drivers. Even THEY move over for you because they figure you don't care about what happens to your Frankenstein car. It's an intimidating look.

My girlfriend's parents were a little embarrased so with much pleading, I got MAACO. They pimped my ride back to it's original form and it looked great. Shiny and new.

Everything was peaches and cream until a few years later when the drive shaft fell off while I was driving past the Baylor campus.

I lost my pimp status that day. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here