- WFAA's April Fool's! Does Delkus get duped by Slater?
- Should Houston tell the national media to bug off?
- Meteorologist leaves hanger in his suit
- KFOR Catches Tornado Touching Down on Live TV
- Growing Up and Out in Houston
- When the ole IFB system lets you down
- Mr. Yuk Commercial
- WFAA News Egg Daybreak
- We Are Austin Open 2015
The 2015 TAPME Award Winners
Each year, the Texas Associated Press Managing Editors joins with the Headliners Foundation of Texas to recognize outstanding journalism as practiced by the state's daily newspapers.
The News and WFAA Suck in Some Funny Numbers at DISD
Should Have Done the Math.
KVIL adds Kannon in the morning
The latest step in the DFW radio-personality shuffle has brought Mike Kannon, the former morning-show host at KLIF/93.3 FM, to the morning slot at KVIL/103.7 FM.
FCC says Dallas FM Is Too Directional
LKCM Radio Group’s country “95.5 The Ranch” KFWR, Dallas bills itself as the “sound of Texas” but the sound of the booming nondirectional 100,000-watt Class C0 signal may be just too directional, so to speak, for the FCC.
Radio One Ups Dallas GM Gary Spurgeon To Houston VP/GM, Too
RADIO ONE has promoted DALLAS cluster GM GARY SPURGEON to VP/GM of its HOUSTON cluster as well.
John Proffitt Named Exec. Dir. Of Pacifica Foundation Radio
PACIFICA FOUNDATION RADIO has named former HOUSTON PUBLIC MEDIA noncommercial KUHF/HOUSTON CEO/GM JOHN PROFFITT as Exec. Dir.
Jim Nantz defends Houston from vocal, clueless critics
Is CBS star now the University of Houston's No. 1 alum?
Scenes from The Rock & Worship Roadshow concert at The Woodlands Pavilion
It also celebrated 89.3 FM KSBJ’s 33-year anniversary of broadcasting Christian music on Houston airwaves.
Former CSN Houston, ESPN anchor Steve Bunin to co-host 97.5 FM talk show with Salisbury
Former ESPN and Comcast SportsNet Houston anchor Steve Bunin will join Gow Media’s KFNC (97.5 FM) Wednesday as co-host of the station’s midday talk show with former ESPN colleague Sean Salisbury.
The new KCOH
Attorney and mayoral candidate Ben Hall introduces new KOCH radio and TV.
KKHH Taps Mo' Bounce For VO Duties
iHEARTMEDIA Top 40 WHTZ (Z100)/NEWYORK night jock and national voice-over mogul MO' BOUNCE is the new VO dude for CBS Top 40 KKHH (HOT 95-7)/HOUSTON.
Houston Chronicle building to formally hit the market
The Houston Chronicle’s downtown headquarters is hitting the market Tuesday, as the newspaper moves forward with plans to relocate most of its employees into the former Houston Post building on the Southwest Freeway.
Longtime S.A. anchor exits TV news
After more than seven years at the local Fox affiliate, morning co-anchor Monica Taylor has quit, she said — effective immediately — to accept a new job outside the television news field.
Exotic lands beckon S.A. TV anchors
In case you’re wondering where Ursula Pari and Deborah Knapp have been of late, both S.A. anchorwomen spent their days away doing a little continent-hopping, visiting destinations such as Hong Kong, Australia and Pakistan.
KENS-5 reporter offers career insight
Mat Garcia, KENS-5 morning news anchor, offered insight into the news broadcasting industry.
Meteorologist Nikki-Dee Ray Joins WTVR
Ray previously worked at KLBK, the CBS affiliate in Lubbock, Texas, as chief meteorologist
LONESTAR 92.5 ANNOUNCES BO & JIM BASH IV
Lonestar 92.5 (KZPS FM) today announced BO & JIM BASH IV, which will take place on June 12, 2015 at Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie, Texas. The evening concert event features an all-star classic rock line up including headliners Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eddie Money, Blue Oyster Cult, and a special opening performance by local band Stone Cold Sweat, featuring KZPS Morning Show hosts Bo and Jim. This is the fourth annual Bo & Jim Bash.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Amy Bishop named News 88.7 KUHF arts and culture reporter
- Sofia Ojeda joins KPRC 2 weekends
- Univision Houston launches Texas regional morning newscast Noticias Texas Primera Edición
- Houston Astros 2015 TV schedule on Root Sports
- KPRC 2 launches noon newscast
- Keith Russell joins CBS 11 KTVT DFW
- Cox Houston’s Alana Lujan named on Radio Ink's 2015 list of Future African-American leaders
- KHOU 11 wins prestigious 2014 IRE award
- Raul Brindis to air on UniMás Stations in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio & Austin April 6
- Adam Bennett joins KHOU 11 from KEYE Austin
- KHOU 11's Brooks Garner reaches new heights with marriage proposal