- VIDEO: KPRC's Ruben Galvan's snake scare scream
- WNYW Reporter Asks ‘Does Local TV News Annoy You?’
- KTLA Anchor Apologizes After Mistaking Samuel L. Jackson for Laurence Fishburne
- Get out of the road
- 2014 Houston TV Winter Storm Awards
- ‘Judging by Local News, There’s an Even Bigger Story That’s Sweeping the Nation’
- David Paul's slip | article
- KHOU Client Commercial Director puts together amazing video for big announcement
- Josh Taylor, Florida TV Reporter, Becomes Crime Victim While Covering Alleged Rental Scam
- Doritos Dare Dice on the Roula & Ryan Show
- KULF Radio Houston - Composite (1972-1973)
- Fox News at Nine - Know More Know First
- Fox News First - Weather
- GOOD DAY AUSTIN: #ATX GROWTH
- 2014 KEYE-TV Morning News Image
- NBC 5 AM Rebooted
- UH Moment: Jack J. Valenti School of Communication
- Houston radio station plays match maker for Valentine’s Day
Meteorologist Ron Jackson signs off at Fox4 after 32 years
Fox4 meteorologist Ron Jackson signed off Sunday after 32 years at the Dallas-based station. He’s retiring at age 57.
Christi Myers to retire from KTRK abc13
Christi Myers to leave the KTRK abc13 medical beat
Veteran Austin TV news anchor says goodbye after more than 3 decades on air
Veteran Austin television news reporter Judy Maggio announced her retirement from KEYE.
Hansen on Ellen: Yep, he's "amazing"
Loquacious, large-living WFAA8 sports anchor Dale Hansen has had many a wild time and perhaps even some wilder dreams during his more than three decades at the station.
- Now Dale Hansen Has To Pretend To Be a Dumb Old White Guy
While fading away, old weathercasters also do commercials
The windup and then the pitch: Former D-FW weathercasters Rebecca Miller and Troy Dungan double-team it for home flooring company.
CBS11 anchor/reporter Sharrie Williams heading to Philadelphia
CBS11 weekend anchor/weekday reporter Sharrie Williams is moving up a notch in TV market size, from No. 5 to No. 4.
Catching up on D-FW news hires
Bianca Castro, Joangel Concepcion respectively join NBC5/Fox4.
Brett Shipp shares story of how his father scored exclusive Beatles interview
WFAA investigative reporter Brett Shipp shares the story of how his father, then an assistant news director and reporter for WFAA, scored an exclusive interview in 1964 with The Beatles during their stop in Dallas
Weir Helms Digi Rev For Dallas Morning News
Joe Weir, Belo Corp.'s former digitgal VP, has moved on to the business-to-business marketing unit at The Dallas Morning News. Weir will explore new revenue opportunities for the paper, including better executing native advertising on the mobile platform.
#6 Houston-Galveston TX January 2014 Portable People Meter (Updated: 02-17-14)
93.7 The Beat KQBT takes a bit out of 97.9 The Box KBXX, 106.9/107.5 The Eagle KGLK moves way up, News 92 KROI hits a 1.0 rating and more.
Comcast Can Put Houston Sports Network in Bankruptcy
Comcast Corp. (CMCSA), the biggest U.S. cable operator, won a bid to keep Houston Regional Sports Network LP in bankruptcy over the objections of Major League Baseball’s Astros, whose games are carried on the channel.
- CSN Houston Safe For Now, Deserves to Survive
- CSN Houston owes $27 million each to Astros, Rockets, court records show
- Catching up on some of the CSN Houston case fine print
- Astros to Appeal CSN Bankruptcy Ruling
- CSN Houston, Bankruptcy and Why the Rockets Aren't Just Innocent Victims
Nick Wright apologizes for President's Day joke
Some 610 AM radio listeners complained about a joke made by sports talk radio host Nick Wright.
Houston sports radio change
Houston Media Watch says Houston sports talk needs a shake up.
KCOH fraud suit dismissed
Former KCOH radio host Michael Harris' fraud lawsuit against current station operator and president Jesse Dunn may be over just four months after being filed.
Roula and Ryan go viral
KRBE morning show Roula and Ryan took on a serious subject which led to stories in Houston and even the UK Daily Mail.
Metallica's James Hetfield: Orion Fest Was a 'Disaster Financially
Metallica frontman James Hetfield spoke with Don Jantzen of 94.5 The Buzz and made some news.
Anchorwoman returns to KENS-TV
Just in time for February sweeps, which kicks off Thursday, Sarah Lucero returns to her KENS-TV anchor seat after more than two months off for maternity leave.
S.A.’s beloved late anchorwoman remembered in TV special
We’re coming up on the one year anniversary of the death of beloved and beautiful KABB newscaster Karen Martinez.
San Antonio TV anchor's 'Shark Week' tip saves man
Delaine Mathieu of WOAI News 4 San Antonio, used a scarf as a tourniquet to save a man's life who'd been hit on U.S. 281 in January, according to the station.
- WOAI's Mathieu: Compassion behind the TV smile
WOAI's Shelly Miles can't live without hair spray
Most of us recognize Shelly Miles as the fun-loving host of the “San Antonio Living” show on WOAI who is always informing us about great things to do, where to eat and tips on how to stay healthy and fit.
Where are they now?
Catching up with S.A.’s ex-TV news stars
S.A. gains another sports radio station — and Jim Rome
Early Friday, KONO-AM (860) — which, for 20 years previously, was a simulcast of greatest hits music station KONO-FM — was re-launched as CBS Sports Radio 860.
Ramírez taking over as news director at Univision San Antonio
Moana Ramírez has been named news director at KWEX-TV.
Aereo To Launch In San Antonio On Feb. 19
More than 2.2 million consumers in Greater San Antonio will have access to the streaming antenna/DVR technologythat allows them to record and watch live television online. Aereo is now available in 12 U.S. markets.
Sports talk returns to middays on 104.9 The Horn
Midday sports talk is back on 104.9 The Horn in Austin.
HeartSaver CT scan may have saved Austin radio icon's life
Anyone who’s ever tuned in to KLBJ FM in the morning knows to expect a lot of laughs from Dale Dudley and crew. However, Dudley isn’t afraid to tackle the serious subjects when they’re warranted, even if they hit close to home -- like the subject of heart disease.
WACO-FM tops fall radio ratings with rock ‘Bear’ strong No. 2
Country station WACO -FM (100) continued its market-topping ratings dominance, but rock KBRQ-FM (102.5, The Bear) leapfrogged remaining stations for second place in fall Nielsen Audio (formerly Arbitron) radio ratings.
- WACO morning show to broadcast from Afghanistan
Texas station upgrades set with familiar look
KTEN-TV, the NBC affiliate located in Denison, Texas, upgraded to a new set for sweeps.
Radio silence earns Texas FM a short FCC leash
Monetary fines issued by the FCC are nothing new. But the Audio Bureau is getting a bit more creative in its punishment of country “92.1 Hank FM” KOME-FM, Meridian, TX.
102.1 The Edge (KDGE-FM)Edgefest
102.1 The Edge (KDGE-FM) today announced EDGEFEST 24 on April 26, 2014 at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas. The double staged, day-long concert event will feature an all star line up including BECK, The Avett Brothers, Cage The Elephant, Bastille, Grouplove, New Politics, The Neighbourhood, Switchfoot, Chvrches, MS MR, J. Roddy Walston & The Business, Kongos, Bear Hands and Smallpools, with more to be announced. For over 20 years, Edgeheads have gathered together for this legendary concert event in Dallas. Tickets go on-sale on Friday, February 14, at 4 p.m. via all Ticketmaster outlets. Fans can listen to 102.1 The Edge to 'Win It Before You Can Buy It,' beginning Friday, February 7, through Friday, February 14, 2014. Complete show details are available at www.KDGE.com.
Clear Channel Media and Entertainment Dallas announces that Jay Shannon has been named Program Director for KDGE-FM and KDMX-FM, effective March 15, 2014. Shannon will oversee all programming operations for KDGE-FM and KDMX-FM, and will report to Patrick Davis, Vice President of Operations for Clear Channel Media and Entertainment Dallas. Shannon will join the market from Clear Channel Media and Entertainment Austin, where he has programmed multiple formats for more than 11 years. He most recently served as Vice President of Operations for the Austin cluster. Shannon excels in talent coaching and has helped develop many national on air personalities, including nationally syndicated morning show host Bobby Bones.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Mia Gradney 3rd anchor on KHOU 11 morning news?
- Casey Curry delivers baby girl
- Loriana Hernandez, former KTBC & KXAS anchor, vows to beat cancer
- Ignore those Houston media people behind the curtain!
- Michelle Merhar behind anchor desk, plus other Fox 26 news
- Lisa Foronda's new job and other Houston & Texas media job moves
- KPRC's Robert Arnold's new baby
- Susan O’Donnell lands at 89.5 KVNE Tyler after 89.3 KSBJ
- Rob Wu joins Fox 26 KRIV from WXII
- Christi Myers to retire from KTRK abc13
- Amy Davis and Joel Eisenbaum have baby girl
- Brad Woodard apparently gone from KHOU 11
- Tom Abrahams' "Allegiance" borrows from TV career
- Irika Sargent to leave KPRC for WFOR Miami
- 93.7 The Beat KQBT Names Mara Melendez Program Director
- KTRK abc13 crew gets gun pulled on them; man arrested