- Morning Anchor Team Reveals Spray Can Hair Bromance
- Ahhhhh...a dog's life
- Anchor's report have people falling over themselves
- We Call This a Chyron Fail Because It Was a Fail in the Chyron
- Watch Kool-Ad Man Fall Forever in This '80s Ad Blooper Reel
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Gives In, Recites His Most Iconic Movie Lines
- KTRK CH13 Cadet Don and Kitirk
- Why local newscasters said ‘Yeah, baby’ about Mike Myers news
- Two Anchorman 2 Trailers Released In One Day
- Movie guru, Mike O'Neill, walks us through Hollywood's scariest movies of the year
NBCU's KXAS Preps New Texas-Size Facility
Christmas came early for the staff at the NBC Dallas O&O and its co-owned Telemundo outlet on Sept. 30, when the ribbon was cut on a brand new, 75,000-square-foot complex located in a business park near Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
Fox hires two more from out of town
Venerable Chicago media blogger Robert Feder reports Fox 26 KRIV's Jake's Takes Jake Hamilton could be following Natalie Bomke to Tom Doerr's Fox 32 WFLD. If this is true, which Fox 26 staffer could be next to leave for the Windy City?
Lucy Noland off KNBC?
Scott Jones of FTV reports former KHOU anchor Lucy Noland has been taken off the KNBC LA 6PM newscast.
News 92 FM KROI Business Editor Brent Clanton reports he suffered a "tiny stroke" over the weekend but is recovering well. (Thanks to PR Fairy @farbulous)
Jessica Savitch remembered
NBC News correspondent Jessica Savitch died 30 years ago this week. She was a pioneer in the male-dominated television news business of the 1970s, becoming the first female anchor in the south at KHOU-TV in Houston.
Our Favorite Items From Maxine Mesinger's Estate Sale
A dozen years after her death, Maxine Mesinger's life is for sale. This Saturday Morton and Associates is auctioning off a half-century's worth of the legendary Houston Chronicle celeb/gossip reporter's furniture, home decor, celebrity swag, books, and many other items.
Radio chain works to build its local all-news station
When Radio One founder Cathy Hughes was 8, she said during a recent Houston visit, "I imagined I had a radio show in our bathroom."
Astros say they and Rockets have different needs in CSN Houston bankruptcy case
While reserving most of their rhetorical ire for Comcast, the Astros’ legal team Thursday outlined differences with the Rockets — their partner in Comcast SportsNet Houston — in a statement filed in advance of next week’s hearing on whether the network should stay in Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Rockets’ position on Comcast dispute differs from Astros
Jim Nantz annoys Phil Simms with his Case Keenum love: Behind the scenes in the CBS Sports TV booth
Phil Simms heard about the University of Houston quarterback week after week after week. Jim Nantz just wouldn't let it go.
The Houston Press Moves to New Digs, From Downtown to Midtown
The Houston Press is moving offices this weekend. We've been located at 1621 Milam Suite #100 for the past 15 years and a lot has certainly changed.
KSAT anchors thrilled about new TV digs
KSAT-TV's newscasters have been looking even more chipper of late — and it isn't just because of continued strong ratings. Everyone from Isis Romero to Ursula Pari to Mark Austin to Leslie Mouton raved about their upcoming move into TV digs that finally will take them into the 21st century.
Former KEYE anchor Ron Oliveira launches public communications firm
Ron Oliveira, who spent more than three decades anchoring Austin TV newscasts, has launched a new public relations firm.
UT College of Communication named for Moody Foundation after big donation
The College of Communication at the University of Texas is getting a new name and big donation.
KVUE's "The Pulse" redefines mobile news reporting
The KVUE NEWS mobile app now offers a whole new way to get the news: a series of fresh, out of the box video reports called THE PULSE.
Alan Hemberger has died
Houston, San Antonio and Austin TV anchor Alan Hemberger has died
Don Harris, longtime WBAP/820 AM personality, dies at 75
Don Harris, whose deep, resonant voice captivated WBAP/820 AM listeners for more than 30 years, died Monday in Waco. He was 75.
KTVX-TV Salt Lake City assignment editor Jay Reynolds will become KMID Midland news director.
50th anniversary of the assassination of JFK (Nov. 22)
The Saturday Evening Post is issuing a commemorative reprint of the John F. Kennedy In-Memoriam issue in its original-as-published format. The Post attempts to re-assemble this idealistic, complicated man from a reputation that has become dominated by hidden scandals and conspiracy theories. Essays are based on Post articles that reported on Kennedy’s campaigns, his presidency, and his character. The Post also presents articles in their full length, written between 1953 and 1966, which cover his campaigning style, popular support, Cold War strategy, and his victories and blunders over Cuba, as well as his family, his wit, and his legacy.
Appreciation of BOOTED NEWS WOMEN Blog
- Keri Bellacosa Is Booted Deep In The Heart Of Texas
- Rita Garcia And Jayme Lamm Are Houston Boot Twins
- Can't See Enough Of Fox Sports Southwest Girl Liddy In Boots
- Loriana Hernandez Is On The Red And Black Attack
- Deborah Duncan Gets Flowers On National Talk Show Host Day
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Adam Wexler joins CSN Houston's Rockets Coverage
- Elissa Rivas and Chris Stipes get a baby girl
- The next Marvin Zindler of Houston TV is...
- Dominique Sachse & Gina Gaston: The Party Pics!
- Casey Curry vs Chita Johnson: Who is the better artist?
- Houston Restaurant Weeks 2013 Donation